Recoil pad on Uberti 1885 High Wall

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

concretus

Reaction score
Hello,
I recently purchased a Uberti 1885 High Wall in 45//70 with 30” barrel, straight grip buttstock and the dreaded crescent shaped butt plate. I shoot BP and smokeless cartridges out of it…I understand if was mainly a hunting rifle, I would tolerate the butt plate. I shoot on the bench a lot so that buttplate can make it rather UNPLEASANT…I’m considering having a Limbsaver recoil pad installed but I don’t want the villagers coming to my home; torches and pitchforks in hand taking me to the nearest oak tree…Will the rifle lose considerable value by installing the recoil pad? Thanks.

Keep the original butt stock, get a replacement with a good recoil pad.

Hello,
I recently purchased a Uberti 1885 High Wall in 45//70 with 30” barrel, straight grip buttstock and the dreaded crescent shaped butt plate. I shoot BP and smokeless cartridges out of it…I understand if was mainly a hunting rifle, I would tolerate the butt plate. I shoot on the bench a lot so that buttplate can make it rather UNPLEASANT…I’m considering having a Limbsaver recoil pad installed but I don’t want the villagers coming to my home; torches and pitchforks in hand taking me to the nearest oak tree…Will the rifle lose considerable value by installing the recoil pad? Thanks.
The rifle won't lose any value if you improve its' shootability. Why they keep putting those [painful] crescent buttstocks on rifles is a mystery to me. X

Back