Release Shooters?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Loggy

Reaction score
What release do you use?

I tried several of the Cobras but ended up with the Winn Free Flight. A high quality release plus you can buy replacement wrist piece if wears out. I have the caliper model. See they now have a brushed SS model. Price bout same whut I paid bout 5 years ago...$50-$60 range.

p193927dt.jpg

Scott Mongoose with the nylon connection system for adjusting the length. A very good release.

The release I use is called The Avswer bought it several years ago and when set up properly you have to have a smooth triger control for it to go off.

You're right Loggy, I use the Winn Free Flight also, it is the best I've ever tried. Mine is the hook version instead of the caliper, with adjustable trigger pull. A crisp quiet release you just can't beat!

AB, never tried the hook version but know alot of guys like it.

I use a T.R.U. Ball Short-n-sweet. It has an open head that loads really quick and has an awesome crisp adjustable trigger. Awesome release! I highly recomend it.

Mine has two names on it. One is Tru-fire and on the other side is Split-fire.
Was a medium priced release and served me well last season, 2 shots, 2 deer. The trigger pull is adjustable.

Very interesting, after about 2 months Thread duration & approx 100 reads. I never would of guessed that there were so very few release users & so may finger shooters out there.

I shoot a Jim Fletcher Fletchhunter wrist strap, and I have a Carter 3D Target. I really like the Fletchhunter, and have used the same release for the past 15 years and it still works like a charm. Easily adjusted from heavy to hair trigger, and tucks away nicely when you want to climp a tree and need to not have a release buckled to the palm of your hand. I may give the Winn Free flight another try. I tried on a few years back but ended up giving it to a friend who needed a release since I had the Fletchhunter. He loves it, and I think they make great releases. Gives you bit more draw length, which for me is important since I have a short 27.5" draw length.

loggy I shoot a scott caliper release for shooting targets but I shoot bare fingers or a wool military glove liner to hunt with. I just feel like I have better control of my bow when things start happening fast. Plus I never left them in the truck.

iisabigone

I use a Cobra release like the one pictured above... great release and has been flawless for many years now. I know when I bought it, I kind of hated paying what I did for it since there were many less expensive ones out there, but I now am glad I went with the Cobra. It was recommended by a fellow that shoots and owns his own bow store/range. He is also the one that set my bow and matched the arrows to it. A nice outfit overall.

I used to shoot a Scott little goose, then I switched to a Carter Insatiable 2. You can not ask for a better trigger on this thing and it is alot easier for me to use as a form of a back tension release

I am shooting a Carter Chocolate Addiction and a Carter Just Cuz.
Also have a Cater 2 shot that I used to shoot but right now it is a back up.
I shoot the thumb trigger releases better.

I use a Scott wolf model, with buckle strap, have another older one for a backup.

I've got one of the T.R.U. caliper models. I've used it for four seasons now. I'll probably upgrade at some point, unless I go back to shooting a recurve and cedar arrows instinctive and without a release. Decisions, decisions...

I agree Loggy, the Winn Free Flight release is the one I have using for 11 years now.

I was a fingers only shooter for first 24 years, this release made the conversion easier. I also need to have the support wrist band replaced, but hate to because its broke in like an old pair of jeans.

copperhead. works well. made the change from fingers last season because of tendinitis.

Latest posts

Back