Release Shooters?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use a Tru-ball myself. But was wondering how the Winn Free Flight works with gloves. Loggy?

It might also change my draw length/anchor point. Thoughts?

Spit I never used with gloves since here in PA our Archery Season is normally mild unless you go Late Season. Fairly sensitive trigger though so heavy gloves may not be the best just as with guns.

It can be used with gloves though. From WF Web:

http://www.winnarchery.com/

Because of the many differences in hand thickness, hand length and wrist diameter their are no given dimensions that that can be used. "When ordering a FREE FLIGHT get the same size you would use if you were purchasing a regular pair of gloves". This may sound a bit unorthodox but it has worked very well for over twenty five years. If you think your hand borders between sizes go with the smaller size as you want a tight fit. Most archers in cold weather buy an extra glove one size up to accomodate wearing a thick glove. A jersey type glove does not need a larger size. The mechanism comes off easily using a 3/32 allen wrench.

I use a release called Gator Jaws by James Green I believe. It's a two jaw release. One jaw goes above the string knock and the other goes below the arrow knock.

I recently bought a new bow with string loop and now useing a Tru-Fire Hurricane Buckle in black.

I currently have an inexpensive TruFire with a velcro strap. But I'm considering a TruFire Judge buckle. I have yet to draw on a deer from my stand, but the thought of the velcro giving way before release is unnerving. I mean, what if I draw on a 280" trophy and the velcro on my release decides to take a dump before I can whack him? :wall:

Winn's free flight is the best all around,used it for over 10 years and will buy a new one if that one fail.
Bow hunt for over 44 years.

Another nice thing about the Winn Free Flight is that I have had little to no server damage compare to the others I hunt with. :yeah:

Latest posts

Back