reloading for the nagant

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

corey0127781

Reaction score
I have the reloading kit for the 7.62x54r one the way. the bullets are not a problem to find. the brass on the other hand, has been a pita to find.

anyone know where I can find some that are not $150 per 100?

hahaaha! Good luck! We get the good bulk stuff as its cheaper than reloading. Its amazing how much they want for brass!

biggest problem is, the brass that is $48 is out of stock every where and has been for a while.

oh I was wrong about the price. it is $109 for 100.

for what they want for brass, I can buy factory load ammo and only be $36 more for hornady ammo then the laupu brass.

On Russian 7.62 they use a .310 bullet instead of our .308 but maybe the .308 might work ok.

muznut said:
On Russian 7.62 they use a .310 bullet instead of our .308 but maybe the .308 might work ok.
that is on the 7.62x39.
the 7.62x54r uses a .311 to .312, that is the same as the brit 303. gives me some options still. looking at one page now
http://www.loaddata.com/members/search_detail.cfm?MetallicID=5365&caliber=7.62mm&caliberid=51&header=7.62mm%20Caliber%20Reloading%20Data

I will get some loaddata from lee with the dies.

I will have to slug the bore to get the bore size of my rifle if I go to use cast.

most of the load data I have found so far has .308 bullets. looks like I am going to have to pick up a lyman and lee manual if I want 7.62x54r for cast.

I used the .310 bullet when I reloaded for my Nagant and they shot great in my gun. Its just like my 358Win and 350RM .357 bullets work great in those.

well solved my brass searching problem. just ordered 100rds of prvi from cabelas. originally 89.99, on sale for 79.99, I had 31.66 in club points I used on it. and for being a club member free shipping (12.99 off there), so around $49 finally cost. so, got the brass I was looking for, reloaded with the weight of bullet I was going to use. from the reviews, the ammo is accurate.

may pick up a bullet puller some time and see how many grains of powder they used. too bad I won't know what powder it is.

Muznut for the .577 Snider and .577/.450 Martini Henry the cases sell for $ 8 ea.

my dies came in, just placed an order for all my reloading equipment minus my press' that I regret selling off after selling my 30-06.

Corey:

I will check my old brass buckets. About 5-6 years ago I picked up a few Mosins and maybe a few thousand rounds of ammo. Off memory, some of the cartridges were brass and I may have kept a few hundred after I fired them. If I have them, you are welcome to them. I drive by your area once a month when I do some work in Harrisonburg. I'll let you know if I still have them.

thanks scotty,

I won't be out of your way at all. after this wait, I am going to surplus up on the ammo.

Back