reloading some rounds

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

exMember

Reaction score
Decided to pull out the equipment and reload some 3006 rounds with 52 grains weight H380 and 165 boattail hornady soft points. I want to try the Apex '06 at 100 yards tomorrow and see how that Bellm 2x pin does for accuracy. Been a handful of months since I shot the gun so we'll see how she do!

Also got other ammo out of the closet, deprimed everything, trimmed all the cases and such, will load some test accuracy rounds and see how those rifles shoot.

I also found a 357 mag reloading die set in the closet!

Jon.....how's the recoil on your Apex? I've gotten kind of recoil sensitive & I am thinking about ordering a 270 barrel from Carlos. He also has a 243 barrel, so I'm up in the air. I want a comfortable shooting gun that is good for deer at close range. Maybe I should just get a Ruger 77/44.

Recoil is like a 3030, that stock design just sucks up recoil amazingly.

Apex did excellent with the reloads and that x2 bellm pin. I am having trouble with the barrel over heating after 4 shots and it starts putting them high. No biggy for hunting, shes perfect on a cold bore and 2 more shots after that. I think the break action CENTERFIRES will be a lot more sensitive to this so its something I can live with.

Now the 30-30 on the other hand.... Got to wait for that report here in a few minutes!

Latest posts

Back