REM 700ML sheld?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SwampFox

Reaction score
sabotloader,i have seen the pic's of the sheld you had on a Rem 700ML,but i can not find them and i have done a search and still can not find them,LOLWould you post them again are give me a link to them?I am going to make one a little bit diffrent,but would like to study the pic's a bit first?
Thanks

SwampFox

I have two different types i make for the Remington one that i make from a 20 gauge shot gun shell hull and the other from a piece of copper tubing.

With the Cabeleas 209 setup there is so little blow back the 20 gauge hull works very well - never gets enough heat to compromise it.... If you make one of these cut the hull off right at the top of the brass - the hull is the thickest there - then cut it to length

If you use a piece of copper tubing to build a much stronger shield - just measure the insert detent on the bolt and go down and purchase some copper tubing with an ID very close to your measurement....

Here is a pic of the copper one - I have pulled it out on the detent to show the lack of blowback onto the bolt...

InsertingWShield.jpg

Here is the pic of both versions....

Wshouds2.jpg

Hope this helps - let me know if I can help with anything else detail wise...

Thanks sabotloader.I am thinking of makeing one out of stanless.How big is that vent hole?Also,i see you have the scope wrap up.Is it burning /blacking your scope threw the vent hole?

Thanks UC.Let me ask you a question.Do you work for the
GUN PARTS Corp.? If not you should be.LOL :lol:
Dern if don't know there invertory better than they do at times,i know i have been dealing with them for a long time. Keep up the good work :wink:
Underclocked said:
http://www.e-gunparts.com/DisplayAd.asp?chrProductSKU=707080&chrSuperSKU=&MC= bottom of page

expensive and probably not as good as the ones Mike makes.

SwampFox

Crittergitter - got that one covered...

The scope protection is on a A&H and even with the shield they leak a lot... on the other hand you can see the Remington scope does not have a protection wrap.

I use the copper because it is readily available and it cleans up to look brand new. I use Zep Orange - Cleaner/Degreaser - it turns copper back to copper....

The shield/shroud from Gun parts is a black fiber weather shield (original Remington) - I think even the shot gun hull works better than that one.

Thanks. sabotloader for all your help
sabotloader said:
SwampFox

Crittergitter - got that one covered...

The scope protection is on a A&H and even with the shield they leak a lot... on the other hand you can see the Remington scope does not have a protection wrap.

I use the copper because it is readily available and it cleans up to look brand new. I use Zep Orange - Cleaner/Degreaser - it turns copper back to copper....

The shield/shroud from Gun parts is a black fiber weather shield (original Remington) - I think even the shot gun hull works better than that one.

Latest posts

Back