RMC Flintlocks ??

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Loggy said:
Grouse, flint is a new German Agate! What you likely see is a strip of lead I use in jaw to enhance frizzen hit & spark. Spark output looks like 4th of July Fireworks. :lol:

:lol: :lol: I still prefer those T/C flints. $11.00 bucks for four, but they work really good. Good luck hunting. Hopefully Friday i will be hunting.

Grouse said:
Loggy said:
Grouse, flint is a new German Agate! What you likely see is a strip of lead I use in jaw to enhance frizzen hit & spark. Spark output looks like 4th of July Fireworks. :lol:

:lol: :lol: I still prefer those T/C flints. $11.00 bucks for four, but they work really good. Good luck hunting. Hopefully Friday i will be hunting.

Grouse, you havent seen the real light yet! :lol: Best of luck.

Loggy said:
WOW!! What fast service from RMC. I ordered barrel yesterday and was on my front porch this evening!! :)

Outstanding quality & perfect fit. Touch hole alignment perfect ...same as original bbl plus stock fit great! The RMC AimRight Fiber Optic Sights are a set of the best I've ever seen & RMC's Rugged Ram Rod is top shelf quality. This is my second order from RMC & I'm very impressed with this fine PA Company in all respects. Cant wait to shoot this baby!

Pic Of Lock W/New Barrel

DSCF0232.jpg

Pic OF Front Sight

DSCF0230.jpg

Pic OF Rear Sight

DSCF0231.jpg

Finally carved a couple hours to get out & shoot my newly Barreled TC Hunter. I shot 3 bullets: 348 Grain Powerbelt Aerotips, Hornady .452 250 & 300 XTP/HP's. Didnt have a chance to shoot any 250 Barnes MZ 250 Expanders.

All shooting off of sand bags & at 75 Yds with open sights. Used the MMP Short Black Sabot. Started with 80 Grains 3fg Goex & worked up to 100 Grains. The Powerbelts were very loose fitting in this Green Mountain Barrel & didnt group nearly as well as they did in some other 1-28 twist bbls. The 250's XTP averaged 2" groups & the 300 XTP's were averaging 1" & sometimes cuttin holes! First time to shoot 3fg in my flinters & really liked it. Much less fouling than 2fg.

The Hornady .452 300 Grain XTP/HP were by far the most accurate as mentioned amost cuttiing holes. 100 grains 3fg Goex offered the best groupings. The MMP Short Black Sabot seems perfect for the 300 XTP/HP. Recovered several had crisp rifling marks & opened nicely. I may get out tomorrow for a lil more shooting but my last couple of 3 shot groups were great. I did run out of clean pie plates though & had to cut center Dot out from sprayed inventory. :lol:

This is the bullet I will be hunting with next week during Last Week of PA Fintlock Season. My first chance to get out but have managed to carve 4 days out to head to my Huntin Camp. I cant wait! :)

DSCF0239.jpg

Thanks Tom.

When I slid that 300 XTP/HP in that Short Black MMP & based on loading pressure...I sorta knew what to expect. Not too hard to load plus seems like that MMP is just made for that length bullet.

I think I may keep this Flinter! I do have an L&R Lock ordered and may either replace this one or my Firestorms. They say they are one of the fastest plus L&R Frizen Pan design is more more weather proof than the TC lock. RMC has been out of the L&R replacement locks for TC for some time so I ordered direct from L&R. Same price...$130.

That's some real fine shooting Loggy. It should not be much trouble knocking a deer down with that rifle...

That really is a fine looking rifle. Good luck hunting with it.

RMC Flintlock...FINALLY!!!

Well,
After about 1 1/2 years of pondering...Yesterday I finally bot me a RMC Accusporter LTD!!!! I sold my TC Firestorm this past Summer & was down to ONLY one Flintlock!!! Started to get the shakes & all without a back-up. :lol:

I went with the Brown Laminated stock with a 28" 1-28 twist barrel of course! It comes fitted with RMC Frt & Rear F.O Sights, removable breech plug and L&R Lock. A very good mate to my PA Hunter. Still have PA Hunters Factory 1-66 twister if i want to play ball.:lol:

Will put-up pic when it comes in!!!

I've sure admired the RMC flinters on his site. Real nice looking rifles. I think that 1:28 would be amazing, shooting sabots with inline accuracy should shock a lot of people that don't know any better. :D

Good luck with your new rifle Loggy.

:) Thanks Dave.

I ordered my RMC Accusporter Yesterday morning & it's was on my porch this evening!!!!!! Unbelievable!!

Gun arrived in perfect condition in nice hard case. Came with sturdy ram rod feels like solid alum, ramrod ends (bullet puller, cleaning jag), breechplug wrench, nice metal touch hole pic w/molded end, allen wrench set for sights, quality Pachmayr Recoil Pad & quality metal fiber optic sights. The laminated Brown stock is beautiful and perfectly fitted to L&R lock & barrel. Tested trigger pull & excellent...seems about 3-4 lbs & very crisp with no creep. Almost as crisp as my PA Hunter after Cabin Creek Gun Builder Brad Emig's tuning! I really didnt expect that! :)

No shipping charges either!! I feel like a Kid at Christmas. :grin: Sure cant wait to shoot this fine gun...maybe Friday!!

Here's a few pics I just took:

My RMC Accusporter In Case
DSCF0406.jpg

DSCF0417.jpg

Perfectly Fitted L&R Lock

DSCF0413.jpg

RMC Fiber Optic Sight Just Before Dark (almost aint fair...almost that is! :grin:)
DSCF0421.jpg

Removable breech plug, 1:28 twist, the works... I bet that will be a great rifle. For the money, that's a lot of rifle. I don't know if the set trigger is worth the extra but sure is a nice rifle. Are they heavy with that laminated stock?

I will be looking forward to seeing how well it shoots...

Well,
After about 1 1/2 years of pondering...Yesterday I finally bot me a RMC Accusporter LTD!!!! I sold my TC Firestorm this past Summer & was down to ONLY one Flintlock!!! Started to get the shakes & all without a back-up.

I kind of thought you'd eventually get one! You've talked about that for a LONG time! :lol:

That is one GREAT looking rifle Loggy! Can't wait to hear how it SHOOTS!

:) Thanks Dave & Chuck. Your right Dave...for $525 its a lot of gun with great features. Some of the trad guys frown on these lam stocks, F.O. sights etc. but im mainly a hunter lookin for the best gun for huntin. This flintlock seems to have so much.

Dave, with the 28" bbl it weighs 7 lbs. Very nicely balanced. It has the same bbl as i have on my PA Hunter(except with removable breech plug) so it will be the Hornady .452 300 grain XTP's w/short MMP's for starters. Will start with 80 grains 3fg Swiss & see what it does.

PA's 3 week Flintlock only Season opened 12/26 and rumns till 1/13/07. I have planned for 2 trips to my huntin camp during last 2 weeks hopefully gettin about 8 days in the mountains. This Saturday a group of HuntingPA guys are doin a one day hunt (drives etc) in Micheaux State Forest. Likely i will carry my PA Hunter. Thats my plans as of now! :lol:

Our Flintlock Only Season is sorta special to me since its whut got me looked on these darn MLers in the first place! :lol:

In RMC's retail outlet, I've seen "leftover", non-current model Accusporters for $349. For that price, it beats a TC or Lyman hands-down.

richdeerht said:
In RMC's retail outlet, I've seen "leftover", non-current model Accusporters for $349. For that price, it beats a TC or Lyman hands-down.

AMEN!!!!!

At that price I would buy several for sure! Heck, a Green Mountain barrel and a L&R Lock ALONE would cost you almost that much!!!

The barrels are over $200.00 and the L&R locks are at least $130.00 then add the stock and all the other stuff... that would be a really good deal for over $300.00

i contacted them about a year ago about the leftover older-model accusporters and i dont think there are any left :(

Got out yesterday & shot my new Accusporter. It's a shooter which didnt surprise me based on my experience with same bbl on my PA Hunter. What did surprise me was the first shot!

I set target up at 50 yards at my F&G club. Cleaned bbl thoroughly before to get all oil out. I loaded 90 grains 3fg Swiss with a .452 300 grain Hornady XTP/short Black .451/.452 sabot. Not a HPH (long stepped base)...just the standard concave base MMP.

I was shootin off of sandbags. Fired first shot & was about 1/2" high & 1/2" to right just outside of 10 ring!! I have always shot goex up till recently. One thing that amazes me is the significant decrease in fouling with Swiss. Patches are about 1/2 as soiled compared to goex. There are no signs of any unburned powder. I am totally convinced the Swiss is a much cleaner burning powder.

I then fired several more & gun was grouping approx 1/2" same as my Green mountain bbl I have on my TC PA Hunter!!! Have sights for zero about 1" high at 50 yards. Recovered several sabots & they were in perfect condition with petals evenly expanded & crisp rifling cuts on their base.

Had a nice day at the range & met a fellow who just got a Traditions In-line that never owned a ML before. Man was he ever havin problems (not the gun...but just no experience). I probably spent more time with him than shootin myself! On his second shot he loaded a bullet down & forget the pellets!!! After snappin 2 209's & no bang he asked me for some help. Also he had no breech plug wrench along. I had a bullet puller which got him out of that one. Asked what bullets he was using...he said didnt know they came with gun. Looked at them & appeared to be Hornady 250 XTPs. He was funny...after my first shot he said he would quit if it were me! He finally got rolling. As I was tellin him what to do..he was taking notes. Nice helpin out a fellow club member and a new MLer.

Well, I think I'll give my Accusporter the nod for this week on my Northern PA flintlock hunt. Will shoot some more today just for confidence builders. Tomorrow...im off for the hunt!

Loggy I just knew you would be able to make the rifle talk pretty. Something about them Green Mountain Barrels. They are real shooters without a doubt. I own several of them and there is not a bad one in the bunch.

I was shooting my Green Mountain Barrel with the 1:28 twist the other day.
CopyofDcp05748.jpg

I was trying some new Kik black powder. It is also a very powerful and clean burning powder. The first one got away from me (circled in green) to the left on a clean unswabbed barrel (I wanted to see if leaving the oil in it would make a difference, and I guess it does.) I then swabbed the barrel between shots and fired four more 200 grain Shockwaves. (the other green circle) and was real pleased with that. This is not a flintlock, and is stainless steel, but I really like the barrel.

I then wanted to see if I could get the barrel to shoot 300 grain .452 XTP's. For some reason it sprays them. Now the .430 diameter same weight shoot much better that is if I drop the charge to 90 grains of powder.

Good luck hunting with your new flinter. I will be waiting to hear your story of scoring a nice deer... happy new year .

Thanks Dave.

Some fine shootin there! I never tried Kik black powder. Sounds comparable to Swiss. I'm totally sold on Swiss. Batchief turned me on to it. Lil more than Goex but hey...considering what I have tied up in this sport... really just peanuts. Today I was usin 3fg in the pan & it woks great too vs 4fg which I always used.

:) Man, i cant wait to hit the woods this week! I feel huntin season is just getting started!! Much thanks to the PA Game Commission for affording us this Late Flintlock Season! :yeah:

Back