Roger Raglin signature Whitetail

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I know a gun shop where on the used gun rack they have a White, 50 cal., Whitetail, blued, dark gray laminated stock but it is a Roger Raglin signature edition. Nothing against Roger but..... seeing his signature on the gun has actually prevented me from buying it. It seems to be in pretty good shape. It has been sitting there for at least 6 years at a price of $250. Thought about going in with cash and offering $150. Just wanted to get some thoughts on what you DWB guys thought, and if you think it is a gun worth investing in.

If its in good shape its worth $250, but I would pull the plug an check the bore first. The breech area will usually tell if the gun was taken care of. They may take less since its been there that long, only one way to find out.

if the signature bothers you, file it off. Roger won't mind. lol

Funny thing is, I ran into Roger about 2-3 years ago. It was at the Great American Outdoor Show in Harrisburg, Pa.. I tried discussing Doc and White Muzzleloaders with him, but he kept changing the subject to the new CVA's. LOL Go figure.

Funny thing is, I ran into Roger about 2-3 years ago. It was at the Great American Outdoor Show in Harrisburg, Pa.. I tried discussing Doc and White Muzzleloaders with him, but he kept changing the subject to the new CVA's. LOL Go figure.
Him and Doc kinda had it out on one of the safari trips I don’t think Doc much likes Roger but that’s just my opinion based on a few things he wrote

Last edited:
Seems they weren't on the same page:elmer:It still wouldnt prevent me from ownin

I can't say for sure but I don't think Ed was on that trip. Ed went on the African skwirl expedishun!

I went on two hunts with Doc and Mike Wills on a preserve in Michigan for Russian Boars that bordered Ted Nugents property. To say the least I just enjoyed being with and talking to Doc and harvesting a big boar was secondary.

I went to South Africa with my son. I was afraid to smuggle black powder on the plane so I was forced to use my Rem700 chambered for the 280Rem shooting 150gr Barnes Tripple Shock bullets. My Zebra, Greater Kudu and Impala all one shot kills. The Zebra and Kudu were taken at about 230 yds. The Impala about 90 yds.
Unfortunately they don’t sell the brands of black powder we have in the states and to buy it you have to have special permits or licenses which the outfitter did not have.

If it was a 45 cal I would have bought it 6 years ago for full asking price.;)
Afternoon Hatchet Jack: I didn't catch the name of the shop with the White ML. If you let me know the name I will drop by the shop and check that White out? Trying to increase my paltry herd of White's as this has turned into a sickness for me.

Well, I got a chance to stop by today and make the $150 offer today. Store owner would not budge. He said the gun was on consignment for a buddy of his who didn't need the money. Said he already turned down $200 offer.I told him the gun has been for sale in his store for at least 6 years that I know of. He informed me it has been there more like over 10 years now.
With that said, I am not interested in purchasing it for full asking price. I will save my money for other things I get more excited about.
For any of you who are interested. The gun for sale is located at The Hunter's Den in Waynesboro, Pa.
PS Gun looks to be in pretty good shape/condition.

Last edited:
It’s $320 and $40 shipping is what he told me
$360 still isn’t bad I don’t need it but somebody can end up with a White cheap compared to what they are going for normally

It’s $320 and $40 shipping is what he told me
$360 still isn’t bad I don’t need it but somebody can end up with a White cheap compared to what they are going for normally
Interesting??????:think:
I guess after 10 years of almost zero interest in that gun he gets two people trying to buy it within about a 20 hour period.I guess he knows somethings up.

Latest posts

Back