Ron's in the Hospital

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

patocazador

Reaction score
I just saw a posting by Ron on another forum. He thought he had a heart attack and when the EMTs tried to help him into the vehicle, they fell and now he has a knee problem but may not have had a heart attack.

(I was taken to the local Hospital with possible heart attack symptoms at about 4 am, today.
I felt well enough to walk to the ambulance with the assistance of a paramedic, given the difficulty getting the gurney through the snow.
We hit ice and down we both went. Good news, no heart attack. Bad news, laying in the hospital bed waiting for the orthopedic physician to decide how to handle the knee.
As the bumper sticker says: "Stuff Happens."
Ron)

Well that's a "Good News...Bad News" if I ever heard it.  Hope he gets well soon!

;)

Get the knee scoped and be done with it. Had one of mine done on a Friday and went to work on Monday. The pain that i had was from the dressing being to tight.

Good Luck Ron. Glad it wasn't your heart.

Ray.......... :hats off:

That sucks I was hoping to go shooting again with him before he had is surgery. I have his number maybe I will give him a call. Al

Man yesterday was a bad one too. Im glad hes okay, a knee can be dealt with down the road. Looking to seeing you back Ron.

Hang in there Ron, you will be back at the range in no time. And no need to cancel that upcoming one legged sack race unless you want me to win. :) 

Cheers to Ron....... :Red tup: 

John

Ron, hang in there. Stop beating the EMTs. It looks bad.

You need to get better. You are my only African hunting contact! 
You cover the whole continent! 

Recoup that knee and we will get on a plane after your surgery. 
Make it a date to look forward to. What do we hunt? What do we use? :?:

Just talked to Ron via the text. He has a torn quad tendon. He has to see a surgeon tomorrow to make a repair plan. The need to reattach the tendon to the knee within a week to start the repair process. He will then be immobilized for 6 weeks with the knee straight. Might delay his heart surgery he doesnt know yet. That sucks . Rons a great guy and was really fun to shoot with. Hes been everywhere and I know one thing for sure I could sit there for hours just like I was a kid again listening to my grandfather and listen to Rons experiences around the world. Those students at the school of mines where Ron teaches dont know how fortunate they are to have him as there instructor. Just from being around him one time I can tell the guy is a great teacher. Al

Thank you all for your well wishes! In my temporary (I hope)  state of confusion at the hospital, I thought I was sending my post here, but sent it to another site, instead.

It was an interesting day/night! I had some symptoms usually associated with a heart attack around 3:15 am, but laid in bed hoping they would dissipate. After about 1/2 hour of delay, I remembered that my cardiologist lectured me about being "macho" about heart symptoms, given the current state of my aortic valve. So, I asked my wife to call 911.

The emergency people had a problem getting the gurney through the deep snow, so I volunteered to walk to the ambulance. Bang! Both the paramedic and I hit the ice and the ground! From the moment  I went down, I knew I couldn't get up. After saying: "Oh, my goodness; gee whiz that hurts;" and other epithets, I told the fire fighters that I could not get up on my own.

At the hospital at about 4 am, the heart tests took priority. I did not see an orthopedic physician until 5 pm. All the heart tests came back negative, indicating either I don't have a heart, or there wasn't sign of a heart attack.

Finally, the ortho broke away from surgery to check my knee. She said: "Damn! You have detached the quadriceps tendon." No arthroscopic surgery here, but a big cut and a stapling of the tendon to the bone. That means six weeks of the leg fixed in extension.

I was due to have a catherization angiogram next week in preparation for an aortic valve replacement, but the knee has to be done within a week. The next step is working a schedule out with the sports orthopedic surgeon so that I can have the knee repaired, get the angiogram and have the aortic valve replacement.

Are we having fun, yet? As the bumper sticker says: "Stuff happens." :DI am aggravated and frustrated, but being anxious won't get me fixed up any sooner, so I am doing what I can.

Thanks again, guys!
Ron

I'm glad it wasn't an MCI. That would have really been a bummer.

I thought of you this morning as I was driving to go turkey hunting. The top part of my chest started feeling compressed especially when I exhaled. I got worried and took an aspirin in case. However, I went turkey hunting anyway. After all, it was a special draw permit.

Cripes Ron! I can't leave you alone for a minute and you fall down. Maybe i'll buy you a walker.  :pirat:

Pete and Ron must be twins separated at birth!

New ranks for the both of you!  "Accident Prone" lol

Muley said:
Cripes Ron! I can't leave you alone for a minute and you fall down. Maybe i'll buy you a walker.  :pirat:
Actually, I now have a walker! :lol:
And here I was planning to try out for Broncos linebacker next season. That's down the drain.

I must say that the nurses, tech and assistants were really helpful and pleasant. By telling them bad jokes and puns, they wanted to discharge me faster and get me the heck out of there. So, my strategy worked.
Ron

Linebacker?

Ron, I think they are more desperate as QB and you're not that much older than their last one! LOL

I heard something about them trying to deal for the Bengals backup QB. Dirty sanchez isn't worth a damn.

Back