Ron's in the Hospital

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If anyone wants to see the 23 staples in my knee for Saturday night entertainment ;), just let me know.
Before the reattachment of the quad tendon, it seems like the blood pooled behind the knee.
3-30-110.jpg

I thought I saw a Bostich stapler sitting on the operating tool table.

As for strip searches, I have some questions about these male TSA employees. Fortunately, the staples come out on Friday. And, I can take a shower on Sunday!
Ron

When I had a picc line while in the hospital, the worst part was not being able to shower. Finally I bribed a nurse's aide to sneak me into an unused tiny shower and provide plastic sheets and tape to protect the site. It only cost me $10 and it was worth it.

Yeah but in Bobs time, that $10 is equal to $300 these days

:Hide: :Hide:

It was in 2006 so $10 was just worth ~$80 now. ;)

If everyone who asks, "Do you want fries with that?", gets $15/hr., our money will soon be as worthless as Zimbabwe's.
I worked as a miner on a construction crew and made $3.30/hr. I saved enough to pay my college books and tuition for a year from that summer job. Today, that would buy me a Big Mac without fries or a drink.  :no:

Just had the 23 staples removed. It wasn't too bad, except that Jonathan probably could have heard me yell even though he is on the other side of the Rockies. :lol: 

In about 3 weeks, I can start physical therapy. At that point, the quad tendon should be attached to the bone strongly enough to start moving at the knee.

Now, I need help making up an exciting story about how I received that impressive scar on my knee. A grizzly attack? Wrestling a lion in South Africa's Kruger National Park? All alternatives will be considered.

Ron

hmmm let me think up a good story on that one!

Glad you're starting your recovery. PT is never any fun, especially when its for something like a torn tendon or muscle.

I go today for PT on my neck. One of the exercises they have me doing seems to be working but my lower back is still a huge weak spot.

Pretty soon, we'll both be using our muzzle loaders as a cane instead of a hunting weapon LOL.

RonC said:
Now, I need help making up an exciting story about how I received that impressive scar on my knee. 
Your wife installed a new stripper pole for you to exercise on and things just got out of control... :Mischief:

I can see Jonathan and I rocking back and forth on the front porch, reminiscing about the old days, with Hawken rifle stocks recarved as canes. :shock: :D 

As for the stripper pole - I am more used to getting the shaft rather than the pole! But, that is not such a bad idea! Where are my Speedos when I need them?
Ron

RonC said:
Now, I need help making up an exciting story about how I received that impressive scar on my knee.
Ron
A defenseman on the Bruins slashed you with a stick while you were playing for the Avalanche. You had to sit out the playoffs. :suspect:

img_0012.jpg

Ron
Phil and I sent lead down range today in your honor. These pins where swinging away especially when the 58 cal made contact. Just trying to help get well soon. Al

I appreciate it, Al!
Looks like fun!

Best Regards,
Ron

Glad to hear your surgery went well RonC!  PT is next :( but it's all part of a great recovery. :)

------------------------------------------------
p.s. Time to read a good book. :study: to pass the time.

PT! It hurts, I know, but I will do all I can to get back to normal(?).

Ron

I went to work yesterday. Monday was the first day I really felt rested and comfortable.
It was rough getting around, but it felt sssoooo good to get back to a routine.
I must admit to being worn out by days end, but it was a good fatigue.
Ron

Back