Ron's in the Hospital

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
RonC said:
My official retirement date: May 31, 2016.
Ron

That will be weird... :alien:

Been thinking about scheduling mine. But, I like money... 
Why couldn't I be a trust baby?

I worried about having enough to retire on but have seen that I don't spend as much as I used to.
I have my house paid for and my truck. I don't own a smart phone or feel the need to pay $100+/month for cable, etc.
I hunt public land and the hunting and fishing licenses are free for residents over 65.

AND I don't have my kids living back home sponging off their folks. Of course, that one could change. :pale:

(Did I mention that the price of gas is down?)

I get a free smart phone with 350 min a month.  :pirat:

One of the perks of being a poor bastard.

Once I am completely retired, we will look at our lifestyle and where we can trim down on spending. Actually, we have started that analysis.
My initial suggestion of having my wife drop her hobbies and transfer that cash flow to black powder shooting, was not received with the interest or graciousness I would have expected. :shock:
Ron

:cheers: :cheers:
Glad all went well for you Ron. Oxy........is pretty bad stuff. My wife is on the stuff 2 every 4 hrs. Puts her in la la land if she doesn't have something to eat before she takes them. Does plug you up like Pete said but she needs them. Surgery was 2 hours long and she wound up with 8 screws and 2 plates. I'm a prisoner in my own house. She can't put any pressure at all for the next 2 weeks. The last 2 weeks were the same. Maybe the next cast will be a walking cast. (  I hope. I miss making smoke ). Good luck buddy.

Ray.............

I wish her a rapid as possible recovery!
It's a drag having to be dependent and it's tough on the person you have to depend on.

I have an appointment with the surgeon on the 22nd, and he will let me know if I can begin physical therapy.

Ron

RonC said:
Once I am completely retired, we will look at our lifestyle and where we can trim down on spending. Actually, we have started that analysis.
My initial suggestion of having my wife drop her hobbies and transfer that cash flow to black powder shooting, was not received with the interest or graciousness I would have expected. :shock:
Ron
i'm a green-horn retiree.  It's been 10 months since I took an early retirement from state civil service and I'm still in the "analysis" state.

"i'm a green-horn retiree.  It's been 10 months since I took an early retirement from state civil service and I'm still in the "analysis" state." 

Heck, state employees here don't work enough so that they notice any difference when they retire.

My DIL works(?) for the state game commission, so she says. All she does is attend "meetings" in Key West or Orlando or Panama City except when she's attending "meetings" in San Francisco or Las Vegas. :roll:

Pat', I worked in a powerful Regulatory branch of environmental protection.  My meetings were usually anything but fun.  The daily stress was cooking my brain :say whhhhhat: :face: . After nearly 32 years I jumped :bounce: on an early retirement package.   I guess it depends on what you do in state service.

Latest posts

Back