Rush Limbaugh. Rest in peace.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't profess to have been a fan of his per se... nor enter into political discussion, however I admired his ability to speak his choice; this is what so many, many have fought and died for in our wonderful country. Freedom of speech, to say and do as we please. I hope we never see what Canada is doing with firearms in OUR country.

I once made the mistake of calling him a “glib naysayer” in conversation with my future in-laws.
They were kind enough to let it pass but the looks on their faces said enough.
He was that and so much more. Eventually I became a fan and often listened.
His courage, intellect, and dry humor made it worthwhile. I agreed or disagreed but
I was always entertained. He was a skilled performer and I forgave the hyperbole in his
relentless defense of freedom. A great radio voice has been silenced and I will miss him.

I appreciated his passion & love for this country. Some of his particular view on just how all that " should be " I've never agreed with, & him for the most part being a one-sided pompous, arrogant, contrite, self-righteous zealot a$$ made him pretty much intolerable for me to listen to much of.

I once made the mistake of calling him a “glib naysayer” in conversation with my future in-laws.
They were kind enough to let it pass but the looks on their faces said enough.
He was that and so much more. Eventually I became a fan and often listened.
His courage, intellect, and dry humor made it worthwhile. I agreed or disagreed but
I was always entertained. He was a skilled performer and I forgave the hyperbole in his
relentless defense of freedom. A great radio voice has been silenced and I will miss him.
Fantastic post! Great read & very fair

I appreciated his passion & love for this country. Some of his particular view on just how all that " should be " I've never agreed with, & him for the most part being a one-sided pompous, arrogant, contrite, self-righteous zealot a$$ made him pretty much intolerable for me to listen to much of.
I believe this thread is for people to give their condolences to a man they will very much miss. Maybe someone never told you it is not nice to speak badly of the deceased , especially so soon when people are in mourning. Look in the mirror and to see your self righteous A$$.

I believe this thread is for people to give their condolences to a man they will very much miss. Maybe someone never told you it is not nice to speak badly of the deceased , especially so soon when people are in mourning. Look in the mirror and to see your self righteous A$$.
Thanks HJ. I dont have the filters or need for them I guess. I tell it like it is with the subtly of a hand grenade. Just my self righteous nature I guess. I dont or wouldn't say anything behind their back or after their deaths that I wouldn't say in a heartbeat to their face or while alive. My post was not meant to be offensive. If you took it that way, thats on you sir. Well wishes

Soooo, HJ what you're saying here is - that if I dont like or agree, or even partially with whatever the person or topic is, that conforms & complies exactly with X% of the rest of the group OR that I should not have the same right & freedom to think & speak as I do bc it might offend some. FYI HJ, Thats a page right out of the lefty liberals handbook.... isn't it
Well plz notify me when a " free speech/ freedom to speak ones mind " thread gets put up ok. TY

Last edited:
Soooo, HJ what you're saying here is - that if I dont like or agree, or even partially with whatever the person or topic is, that conforms & complies exactly with X% of the rest of the group OR that I should not have the same right & freedom to think & speak as I do bc it might offend some. FYI HJ, Thats a page right out of the lefty liberals handbook.... isn't it
Well plz notify me when a " free speech/ freedom to speak ones mind " thread gets put up ok. TY
Maybe you should have left your nose out of the thread if you didn't have something nice to say about the man considering it was set up to wish him well on his way to Heaven and to Rest In Peace. Not for you to bash him before he is put in the ground. The thread was not about the venom you harbored for the man. It was about the respect of an American icon who was loved and respected by millions including the majority of people who frequent this site.
Stop with your spin about free speech. We are all well aware of it. There are times you need to use common sense and common decency. Also a time to shut your trap, respect and not make an ass out of your self while exercising your free speech.

Back