RWS percussion caps

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, work great in my sidelocks. The White nipples are a tad bigger so the Remington Mag #11 caps work best in them without taking any metal off the nipple.

Basspro has the Remington 10’s. The item picture is of a pack of Remington 209’s but the drop down menu shows 10’s in stock.

they also show cci in stock...

Anyone use these caps? German made, a bit more expensive than CCI caps.

For myself the German Dynamit Nobel 1075+ Cap (a #11) is the best cap on the market... It is is extremely reliable. But, it is more expensive than the CCI Mag.

RWS-Dynamit-Noble-1075-plus.jpg

Plus! if you use the right nipple you can make the breech water proof with the #11 style caps! This is a couple of different nipples that do the job.

_11_Composite.jpg

Knight_Red_Hot_Cap_Fit.jpg

Just placed an order for a thousand CCI magnum #11 caps from Basspro. $54.99, free shipping but got whacked 20 bucks for the hazmat fee.

The CCi Magnums are what i use, I shoot thousands of them a year, NEVER a Failure. I have shots Thousands of the RWS 1075s as well, As for BANG, I can’t tell any difference in them? Unless we are talking BANG for the Buck, then there is a VERY Noticeable Difference! The RWS are Double the Price per 100 Caps. The RWS 1075s will fit a tiny bit tighter than the CCi 11s (hence the 1075, Stands for 10-3/4)

I have found RWS #11 work the best of any cap in my Whites. Haven't found any since I pick up two cans of the them in California a few years ago. Cannot find them anywhere in Central New York. Have about 20 caps that I use for hunting only, do all my practice with Remington or CCI.

I have shot all three. Couldn’t tell a real difference in them. I’ve even stuck some 10’s on and shot with them that I bought accidentally. Some of those took a double hit with the hammer to go off, they had to be forced onto the nipple a little farther to pop the cap inside. These will even do the trick in a real pinch. I tried one when I was hunting near a little town and realized I had lost all but three or four caps out of my capper and didn’t have any extra with me. The only store in this town didn’t have any percussion caps, and I was 45 minutes from my extra ones. I bought these, cut one off of the ring, stuck it on the nipple of my Renegade and I’ll be danged if it didn’t set the gun off. I ended up not needing to use them to hunt with and I didn’t test them again.1608991691399.jpeg

I like the German caps for hunting. They fit the nipple tight and I don't have to worry about them falling off or moisture getting in. I usually need to use my pocket knife to get them off the nipple at the end of a hunt vs only having to use my finger nail for the CCI caps. At the range when shooting and sighting in, I see no difference between the two.

Latest posts

Back