S&W holding company

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

choc-dog

Reaction score
We all know that S & W holding company bought TC ARMS last year. I have been following their stock price and it was at 5.23 on Monday down from 23.00 a few months ago. :twisted:

T/C is doing well and both have been crossing over production such as S&W has been making the "ICON" recievers and T/C has been making the S&W rifle barrels. Also the T/C foundry has been busy which is were the "PROFIT" is with-out product liabilty coverage.

Rugers stock is in the toilet as well. I just read Rugers 3rd quarter stock holders report and they need 3 more years to turn the company around.

Bill Sr. is dead, Tom Ruger died of Cancer and Bill Jr. retired (inheritence) and Molly Ruger, the only Ruger daughter is ????.

Just concerned. :(

Chocdog

S&W

Well now is the time to get stock if your a speculator! They went after TC to shore up there bottom line. Look at the surge in ML sales especially inline products and new products being offered. inlines have created a whole new group of untiers and opportunities. The traditional style was always very difficult for a lot of hunters to enjoy. Inlines have made it much easier to enter as well as spiking an interest in ML shooting sports at all levels. That is why I am always concerned when our traditionsal brothers diss us outloud as we should e sticking together. No I think you buy stock and keep them alive. Remember Remington went through this as well.
Unless of course you think this S&W years ago supporting the anti's? and it is now hitting em' where it hurts??

scratcherky said:
I am afraid the S&W name is forever tied to their support of the antis and now they will probably take TC down with them.

Never happen, they are so well past that issue as a company but many shooters still hold that against them. Heck, even the NRA loves S & W again. The "officers" of S & W that made that aggreement with the Clinton administration are long gone. In fact Bangor Punta sold S & W back to American ownership for for peanuts.

S & W has some legal issues with the "Securities and Exchange"
commission which is effecting stock price.

Chocdog

there is always Cerebrus (sp). You know, that dog guarding the gates of hell...

Underclocked said:
there is always Cerebrus (sp). You know, that dog guarding the gates of hell...

The CEO running "Chrysler" is the same "CEO" who ran Home Depot into the ground and the Board of directors fired him. Cerebus hired him and considering what the American auto industry is facing the next 3 years the outcome is predictable.

This new guy at Chrysler is no.. Lee Ioccoca.

Greg

Latest posts

Back