Sabbot question

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Similar note I tried a 452 230gr lrn (45 acp boolit) in a sabot through both my cva 54 and a buddys cva 50 inline as well as 185gr SWCs (more 45acp goodness) with no joy as far as accuracy goes

My 54 shoots prb fine with anywhere from 30 to 80gr 3F with deer accuracy to 100 yards, so I dont think twist rate etc was to blame

Similar note I tried a 452 230gr lrn (45 acp boolit) in a sabot through both my cva 54 and a buddys cva 50 inline as well as 185gr SWCs (more 45acp goodness) with no joy as far as accuracy goes

My 54 shoots prb fine with anywhere from 30 to 80gr 3F with deer accuracy to 100 yards, so I dont think twist rate etc was to blame
If you wanted to deer hunt with that gun, you'd be fine with 80g 2F & the PRB at 100yds for sure. bring it up & shoot it some. I thought you were using those maxi balls or Maxi HUnters whatever they were? I'll be damned if I'd stop using a conical to use a PRB.

If you wanted to deer hunt with that gun, you'd be fine with 80g 2F & the PRB at 100yds for sure. bring it up & shoot it some. I thought you were using those maxi balls or Maxi HUnters whatever they were? I'll be damned if I'd stop using a conical to use a PRB.

Yup if I were going for deer or pig with my 54 Ive got those awesome 425gr maxis

Need to give it a good cleaning and inspect all my caps A good number of the CCIs I scored last year are bad

Yup if I were going for deer or pig with my 54 Ive got those awesome 425gr maxis

Need to give it a good cleaning and inspect all my caps A good number of the CCIs I scored last year are bad
Ya know I'll share what I have with ya, so no worries there. I have some Goex 2F here & plenty of T7FF here for you to use if you don't have any.

Patches are on the way USPS
If you look on the patch one end shows the number 50 which means for 50 cal also if my memory is correct that side goes in first and the ball goes on the other side .If I am wrong someone please correct me

Latest posts

Back