Same bullets?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chick

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the T/C Shockwave is made by Hornady? They look exactly like the SST and FTX.

Well, I found on another ML site, where a member said Hornady does make the bullets for T/C.

Hornady does make TC’s bullets. The SST’s and Shockwaves are the same bullet. But there in a different sabot. Hornady does make the Bonded Shockwaves special for TC. Hornady don’t have any Bonded SST’s.

I can’t think of the name of the Traditions bullets but I’m pretty sure Hornady makes thoughs too.

Hornady does make TC’s bullets. The SST’s and Shockwaves are the same bullet. But there in a different sabot. Hornady does make the Bonded Shockwaves special for TC. Hornady don’t have any Bonded SST’s.

I can’t think of the name of the Traditions bullets but I’m pretty sure Hornady makes thoughs too.

Tips are different too. The Traditions version is called the "Smackdown".

The Hornady has a soft tip, while the T/C has a harder plastic tip.

It is my understanding that both had the harder point tips to begin with then Hornady changed to the softer - more rounded tip so they could be used in tube fed rifles, like the lever action

Latest posts

Back