Saw A Bald Eagle Today

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Today i saw a bald eagle sitting on a hog carcass near our deer lease.   Hog was killed since Monday.  

Prepared the camera and turned the truck around.   But the eagle flew off.

We don't often see bald eagles here.

I saw one last night on the west side of Atlanta, GA in Powder Springs soaring above a wooded area near my home. Beautiful birds, I was amazed.

they will be after your cats and small dogs. great horned owls also love cats and small dogs. about 3 years ago a family of 8 bald eagles were after my yard cats, then a jackrabbit jumped up about 100 yards from our house and they went and got him. they have a big nest in a coulee about 3 to 4 miles from my place. that rancher has a shelter belt of trees about a mile long and very very thick and heavy cover. thousands of pheasants live in that shelter belt. thats why the eagles nest near it. he lets no one hunt the pheasants. once in a while they will go looking for something else to eat beside pheasants. they are nice to look at but they have to eat. also watch for golden eagles, the bald and golden eagles dont like each other. they both have the same habits. the biggest bald eagles i have ever seen was on the n.dak canadian border. they are huge up their. they eat a lot of wild geese. they kill them in the fall and put them in huge piles on the ice of a newly frozen lake and eat them all winter long. the geese piles get as big as beaver dens. they are not a dumb bird. i was listening to a canadian station in the spring when i lived up their. the said the first wild goose had landed on lake next to the town. a 1/2 hour later they said a eagle had already taken that first goose and was eating it. enjoy them but watch your out doors small pets. once i saw one flying by when i was out hunting in the fall in n.dak. it had a 5 ft snake in its talons. the snake was trying to get away but he was supper of course. i wish i had a picture of that. up in northern minn. when we would spend a week up their every summer, we would see them take big fish out of the lake all the time. they catch fish very well. thanks for your posts.

Back