Saw my 2nd and 3rd deer on Monday

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobbythehunter

Reaction score
Well saw my second and third deer on Monday morning about an hour apart. First was a small doe which came to within 9 yds but never offered a shot. It was interesting because she came into lure and was all alone. This was definately a fawn (no spots). On her way out of area she stopped in one of my shooting lanes at 30 yards or so. Unfortunately there was a small tree covering her vitals. Thought about slipping one in on the liver side but decided against it. About an hour later I made a couple of bleat calls with a can and two grunts and almost immediately I saw another deer heading my way. This doe was bigger and she approached and got right on the main run and headed towards the lure as well. I bleated with my mouth to stop her at about 20 yards and shot. Although the hit was a bit high it did the job. As it turns out it was a button buck (also alone?) and weighed 75 pounds dressed. Had the tenderloins tonight abd will eat heart for lunch the memainder of this week. My 12 year old lab is enjoying some raw liver this week. Trying the same stand again in the morning. Good luck everyone.

Congrats on the harvest Bobby! Always great to fill the freezer with a long winter looming over our heads. You need to fry that liver up! Liver and onions on a nice cold snowy winter evening is just the perfect ending to a day.

FrontierGander said:
Congrats on the harvest Bobby! Always great to fill the freezer with a long winter looming over our heads. You need to fry that liver up! Liver and onions on a nice cold snowy winter evening is just the perfect ending to a day.
thanks jon. the old dog just thrives on it. i'll probably keep a small piece for myself as well.

Congrats bobbythehunter !   :cheers: 
 Nice job early-on in your CT season... as usual :Red tup:

Latest posts

Back