• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Modern Muzzleloader and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Scope deals i will update as i find them

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I put the 2.5-10 on my buddy's CVA Scout Smokeless conversion 2 years ago. Zero problems yet shooting 62 gr. H4198 & 275 gr. Fury.

Ive seen a couple guys post about using them on Scout 45/70s and 450BMs too with no big problems. Seem to hold up better than the PSTs from what ive read.

A bit off topic, but anyone needing a decent spotting scope might look at an Athlon Talos 20-60x80. I was surprised by the resolution ability of this scope. Comes with a plastic tripod and canvas case. In my view (no pun) it is a very good buy for the money. From Camera Land and Euro-optics about 140 bucks TYD. Not a Swarovski, but not thousands, either.

Last edited:
ARKEN! Love these scopes!! I have a 34mm tube 6-24x50 mRAD FFP. Killer. Highly recommended. Check out the reviews online.

1.png

Where is the DEAL on one?
A bit off topic, but anyone needing a decent spotting scope might look at an Athlon Talos 20-60x80
Quite a few Athlon products get great reviews. Many bigger brand names have spotting scopes and binos made in China also. Some are really nice but when it comes to scopes i would rather pay more than risk a Chinese scope on a hunting rifle. The only one i would like to try is a Athlon Midas TAC but they cost nearly as much as better scopes now. I just cant see spending nearly $600 on a Chinese scope when you can get a Zeiss V4, Veracity, Meopta ect ect for a little more or even less on sale.

I did some net searching and I think that almost all the scopes "built in the USA" are using foreign glass, mostly from Asia, some from Japan and Germany, maybe Austria and some other nebulous regions. But glass actually made and ground in the USA, I think there is one company but can't find out just who, at the moment. It is fiscally impossible to compete with Asian market prices. However, their glass quality CAN be really quite top shelf. I don't want to buy from China, most of us don't, but when they are literally the only game in town for the $400-$700 scope range, and their glass is That Good, it's hard to say no for most of us poor working slobs.

I just posted sub $700 scopes with good glass made outside China. Zeiss V4s are made at LOW in Japan. One of the best in Asia if not the best. Even Nightforce uses LOW made parts and scopes. All Sighton SIIIs are made in Japan at their own factory. I really have no desire to toss a 36+ oz scope on anything. I dont care who makes it. At least i know if i shell out $700 on a SIII im dealing with a company with a long reputation of making excellent optics.

I just posted sub $700 scopes with good glass made outside China. Zeiss V4s are made at LOW in Japan. One of the best in Asia if not the best. Even Nightforce uses LOW made parts and scopes. All Sighton SIIIs are made in Japan at their own factory. I really have no desire to toss a 36+ oz scope on anything. I dont care who makes it. At least i know if i shell out $700 on a SIII im dealing with a company with a long reputation of making excellent optics.
I won't mount a 20+ oz. scope on anything. That really shortens the field.

Imagine putting a 36oz scope on a rifle you intend to carry. Plus the construction of the mounting that will be needed to support that Goliath. I almost got one of the Crimson Trace 1-8x28s with a 34mm tube for my carbine. The darn thing was over 22oz but rather cool because it was also FFP. My STAC is not very light but nothing was gunna help my Mountaineer anyway. Its big and mostly just for recreation. Saving 3oz was somewhat pointless but i didnt want a 30oz+ monster on it either.

how much is to much for a inline muzzleloader. a $200 scope should be more than enough! Burris 3x9x40 $159
leupold 3x9x40 $299 were do we draw the line? do we need a $500+ scope for a inline. maybe a 600yd tact driver
rifle. lets here from every one on what would be the bottom line price.

I have had best luck with etched glass reticle scopes regardless of price. I have for the last 3yrs. been using a couple different models of Konus Pro on my break action sml's. These scopes were a gift from a friend and I did have a 3-9x50ir fail on me after about 5-600 shots. Full replacement warranty and they are somewhere around 100-120 I think. Other scope which is mounted now is the 275mz scope. I probably would never have bought one of these in the beginning but free stuff is hard to not try out.

how much is to much for a inline muzzleloader. a $200 scope should be more than enough! Burris 3x9x40 $159
leupold 3x9x40 $299 were do we draw the line? do we need a $500+ scope for a inline. maybe a 600yd tact driver
I dont have a bottom line scope price. Theres, imho, no such thing as too much scope. Especially when hunting. If it helps me see that deer better in less than ideal conditions then its worth more money. Price I'll pay is only limited to what I can afford when im shopping for a new scope. GM54-120 knows more about optics than anyone else i know of. If he says a scope is worth the $ I'm inclined believe and to at least check it out. My wife tho, she has a different opinion, but everyone does. Ive got some scopes that are cheap but functional and ive got a midrange scope that is crap. I dont have any high end scopes only cuz im not able to afford them yet. If i could afford to put $3k scopes on all my guns, even air guns and .22s i for sure would. That would cost me a years wages and probably my marriage tho.

i have had a leupold 3x9x40 for the pass 20 years. yes 20 years!!!! it has been on 3 different guns all heavy calibers.
now i am not saying they don't brake but, it has been in extreme weather and been bumped around climbing up
trees and all. i think i paid $200 now the same scope goes $299 . best bang for your $$$ also Burris another good
co. and i think both co. have lifetime warranty . only thing i am looking for is a scope no longer that 10in. for my ML.
wanted to send back my leupold for a tune up,and put it back on my 7mm mag.

How about start another topic on "How much is too much". This is a DEALS topic. 🤪

Back