Scope used

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don’t think they’ve been in business for over a decade. I Brielle their optics were oriented more to long distance, precision shooting.

A lot of ML hunters use no optics, and then a significant amount of those who do use optics use lower power options.

We are truly spoiled for choices in good hunting optics these days.

wondering why no one uses a unertl scope on their Inlines, Any comments
Thats a good question 45-70 . Supposed to be quite good from what i recall . Carlos Hathcock the #1 sniper in Viet Nam prefered them anyway . That in itself should speak volumes to Anybody !!! Which model you have ?? They are out of bussiness you know . They were primarily a military scope line , then a target line . Made a few hunting lower power ones too . Dependable and tough bodied .

Last edited:
had a 1 1/4 10x on a Ped. Gibbs side hammer for a while. used it to shoot 500 yd. Creedmore but thinking on getting another. Got a MVA copy on my Shiloh Sharps only 6x. Bench shooters in Friendship only use Unertl style for bench slug shooting

had a 1 1/4 10x on a Ped. Gibbs side hammer for a while. used it to shoot 500 yd. Creedmore but thinking on getting another. Got a MVA copy on my Shiloh Sharps only 6x. Bench shooters in Friendship only use Unertl style for bench slug shooting
Many of the older scopes are truly very fine ones . Not many of the newer ones impress me like they still do . Everybody worries about the dam glass . The most important thing a scope can do is hold its adjustment for zero . Period .

Thats a good question 45-70 . Supposed to be quite good from what i recall . Carlos Hathcock the #1 sniper in Viet Nam prefered them anyway . That in itself should speak volumes to Anybody !!! Which model you have ?? They are out of bussiness you know . They were primarily a military scope line , then a target line . Made a few hunting lower power ones too . Dependable and tough bodied .
I read a book once about Carlos Hathcock that I got from my brother. Fascinating. He made the comment once that he could never pull off what LHO did.

Lee Harvey Oswald
being in Marine Corp ,this was mentioned , also fellow in Texas
Personally i dont think he did it .

Big party the night before for the secret service agents . Johnsons car for the 1st time in the tour , that day ,9 cars back . Everywhere in Texas both ladies got yellow roses , that day Jackie got red roses . Oswald silenced .The list goes on and on .....

I smell a Rat.......an American Rat.....a whole bunch of them......

Last edited:
Back