Scope with NO Magnification

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JeffK-MN

Reaction score
Hi All
I need some help in getting a scope for my Optima muzzleloader.
Here in Minnesota we can not usa a scope during the muzzleloading season with any magnification.
So with my eyes having trouble to see the front sight I'm trying to get a permit to use a scope.
And would like to know of any that other muzzleloaders have used and liked. Thanks for any and all help Jeff

Thanks I have checked around and the Nikon 1x is the most used around here and are all sold out. Has anyone used the T/C 1x or the tradional 1x scope? Jeff

Jeff,

Wife went round and round trying to find a 1X that she liked as that is all we can use in NE.

I have personally used 1X T/C and Nikon, and have looked thru a Cabelas Pine Ridge 1X. I have been impressed with none of them and they all make the target appear smaller at 50 yards.

After trying a couple of 1X and a cheap red-dot, I broke down and purchased her an Aimpoint brand red-dot. Not cheap but far and away the best option for hunters stuck to using 1X. Cool thing about aimpoint is they are totally parallax free so the red-dot does not have to be "centered" for you to be on target.

I have use the Nikon 1X, T/C 1X32mm, and the Traditions 1X32mm. The most dependable of the three is the Nikon. I have fogged out a Thompson Center although they replaced it. The Traditions is a good scope, but not as clear as the other two. Although I got the Nikon for $169.99 the T/C for $99.00 and the Traditions for $49.95

If this is something you want for a few day hunt, any of them would work just fine. The T/C actually is a nice clear scope with an excellent field of view.

Thanks for the great info on the 1X scopes. I also have had eveyone how hunts with me looking at all the different kind and prices. I finally got the Bushnell Trophy 1x28 red/green dot scope from Sportmans Warehouse for $90.00 and I like it but just got the permit so I have it ready for the rest of the season. I will let you know how it works out for me.
Thanks Jeff

I shoot with two Bushnell Trophy RED DOTS with the red light. I wish it was the green light. It has all the four sights to use and the 3 MOA dot. It does a good job.

Check your brightness level from time to time. It will need to be changed. Also at the end of the day, the dot can grow a "tail" .. almost a half moon. Learn to ignore that half moon the head is the dot.

Staghorn300gr1.jpg

I had to make an adjustment to my CVA this year after I changed bullets, but at 50 yards I will give something a very bad day with that RED DOT.

Burris makes a 1x power scope with an adjustable eye relief. They have a good track record.

Thanks I shot a doe the last day of the season just before dark.
It was a 60 yeard shot and the scope was great.
Thanks to cayuga for the hint about the brightness I had to change it before I took the shot. Thanks Jeff

Latest posts

Back