Scopes in the near future

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rifleman

Reaction score
I read the other day in some gun rag that in 5 years all the mid to high end scopes would have integrated laser range finders. Do you guys think that is true?
I just wonder....

I think we will certainly have more of them in the near future. We already have 5 or so manufacturers who already offer such a feature. Zeiss is the most noteworthy to me.

I don't think they'll become commonplace. They cost too much. It's much cheaper to buy a scope and a rangfinder than to buy 1 unit that does both. And lets say you have lots of guns, buying a scope for each and 1 rangfinder lets you use a rangefinder with all of them. Buying the combo lets you use a rangefinder with only the guns you've bought the combo for.

The only place I can see them becoming more common is for expensive outfitted hunts. This lets someone carry only 1 piece of equipment. I'd imagine a smart hunter would have one of these on his rifle and another regular scope and rangefinder in his luggage if the combo has problems. That way he's not without a scope and rangefinder.

If the price would come down and they would not be bulky or ugly I could see they becoming more commonplace.

In the case of my hunting equipment, I like to follow the K.I.S.S. theory. Keep I Simple Stupid. :lol: I do have a laser rangefinder that is compact enough to keep in a jacket pocket so it's handy when I feel the need to range something. I don't want to spend $500-1000 for a scope and have it fail on a once in a lifetime hunt.

Latest posts

Back