Scoping my Omega

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well turkey season is over so I took some time and scoped the Omega. I had some Leupold spin off rings setting around not sure what height. High or medium that I had on my Black Diamond. I installed them on the T/C base with a variable bushnell circle x reticle and 32mm objective. The scope looks a little high for my liking but when I shouldered it and open my eyes I was looking down through the center of my scope. I`ll take her to the range next week and try open sights then put scope on and she how she does. I always seem to do a better job myself then taking a firearm to a shop and have them do the work. I`ve done so many it just isn`t a big deal. Good day.

I agree, mounting a scope isn't very difficult. Bore sighting the scope is important to do prior to shooting. If you don't have your own bore sighted, I recommend bringing the rifle to a shop to get it done.

I agree, mounting a scope isn't very difficult. Bore sighting the scope is important to do prior to shooting. If you don't have your own bore sighted, I recommend bringing the rifle to a shop to get it done.
I don't have one. I just look through the bore at a target and line the scope up visually. It gets it pretty darn close every time. Redneck method LOL

I don't have one. I just look through the bore at a target and line the scope up visually. It gets it pretty darn close every time. Redneck method LOL
This is what I do and it works very good.

I set the target at 10 yards and use a target with bright circles. You would be amazed at how close you can get.

Went through this process last year with my Omega. I went with the DNZ rings and a Leupold 4.5-14x50 VX3-HD scope. I understand some feel this is overkill for a muzzleloader but it’s setup the way I want it and I worked to pay for it. 😂 The upgrade paid off last season though. Had the buck I was after come out with 2 minutes left of legal shooting time a little over 100 yards away. He had disappeared for several days after my buddy shot him in the neck as you can see in the picture. I wouldn’t have killed him with my old setup. F3013590-D20B-4F14-8AC4-6F7E7ED42E93.jpeg9BCB6469-AE7B-41A1-98B6-9314CE1EAE0D.jpeg

Went through this process last year with my Omega. I went with the DNZ rings and a Leupold 4.5-14x50 VX3-HD scope. I understand some feel this is overkill for a muzzleloader but it’s setup the way I want it and I worked to pay for it. 😂 The upgrade paid off last season though. Had the buck I was after come out with 2 minutes left of legal shooting time a little over 100 yards away. He had disappeared for several days after my buddy shot him in the neck as you can see in the picture. I wouldn’t have killed him with my old setup. View attachment 21777View attachment 21778
Very nice looking rig. Got the job done, Congrats!

Went through this process last year with my Omega. I went with the DNZ rings and a Leupold 4.5-14x50 VX3-HD scope. I understand some feel this is overkill for a muzzleloader but it’s setup the way I want it and I worked to pay for it. 😂 The upgrade paid off last season though. Had the buck I was after come out with 2 minutes left of legal shooting time a little over 100 yards away. He had disappeared for several days after my buddy shot him in the neck as you can see in the picture. I wouldn’t have killed him with my old setup. View attachment 21777View attachment 21778
Nice buck, congrats. I'm a big fan of DNZ rings/mounts too. I've had them on 5-6 diff guns.
Wow he was shot in the neck 2 days before huh. I do a lot of neck shots, I've never had one take a single step.

Latest posts

Back