Score this Deer

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snapbang

Imlay City Michigan
Supporting member
Reaction score
I hope I have supplied some good pictures of this buck to help score him. Id like to know. Just looking for a ball park. Hoping you can enlarge the pics for a closer look

IMG_1209.JPGIMG_1210.JPGIMG_1219.JPGIMG_1247.JPG

The symetry is perfect or nearly so. I have a few side shots of him. I think with another year more mass will develop. If only he can avoid traffic for another year.

My guesstimation assumes this is a big bodied northern buck, and if that’s the case, I think he’ll go 140”+/-.

Seasons over here in Michigan. So he has another season to grow. Nutrition should not be an issue. Plenty of corn and beans to glean as well as huge fields of winter wheat. No snow coverage so its easy to get to. At this point in the winter they should have plenty of body fat left over in the spring. Minerals??? This area of Michigan was thick with dairy. They through out mineral blocks by the tons. 4 years a go there was a huge buck a friend did get on trail can. He was killed 3/4 mile up the road. Ranked very high in Michigan for bucks that year. About half again as big as this one.

Frankly I think there is a bigger one out there. In the pictures he is eating the corn in front of the trail cam. He jerks his head up and is very intense looking at something for several frames. Then he puts his ears back like he is angry or threatened. Then there is a blur where he turns 180 and disappears.

No matter. Its all good entertainment.

I’m not much help here, I’m gong to just guess and say 140’s be it’s a 10 point and as wide as his ears. I would definitely put out some fresh minerals for him to build back anything he lost during rut. It’s amazing he’s not all busted up! I’m guessing there’s plenty of lady’s and he didn’t have to fight to breed? If you put out minerals put a camera on it to see if you can get him coming to it. Maybe find the sheds.

I'm guessing 128., gross score. Real nice symmetry. A bit young for the mass that palmates and makes more inches and a bit narrow on the inside spread. Next year--- Great! I'd be excited to have him on my land. To follow his patterns for bedding and feeding, find his "core" area, his rub lines and scrapes. His sheds will be a welcome trophy on display beside his mount. And in two more seasons he's a Booner . "Let him go so he can grow.".

Back