Scorpion White Lightning

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
da new guy provided the bullet

IMG_4561.JPG

Bullet is 300 grain 44 caliber.

IMG_4551.JPG

From the bottles to the rifle is 25 yard. Powder charge is 80 grain Blackhorn

aftermath.jpg

Bullet blew front bottle high away. Second bottle is destroyed. Bullet went through the four remaining bottles, and was caught by the phone book. Bullet was found in the phone book about 3/4 through. Bullet weighs 185.4 grain.

IMG_4562.JPG

Looks pretty hard-core...
Looks to have shed the jacket completely.

Not what I was really hoping for. It looks like it cast the jacket and A BUNCH of weight without really expanding. I had higher hopes for this bullet. Thanks again for testing it Ron.

Is it .430 cal?
Yep a 44 bullet which is .429 or .430" . Drop at 200 yds is about half of the 45 pt gold harvester bullet , 5.5" vs 10.5" approximately . Did an awesome job on my friends big 160 to 170lb mature doe back in December , Michigans mz season @ 157yds lazered . She ran 20yds .

Last edited:
Not what I was really hoping for. It looks like it cast the jacket and A BUNCH of weight without really expanding. I had higher hopes for this bullet. Thanks again for testing it Ron.
I dont know if id give up on this bullet yet . Personally i think its a longer range bullet that did an amazing amount of damage on my buddys doe . The front part may just be fragile for that reason......

That's the bullet I chose for hunting this year. 100gr measured Blackhorn, Win Blue Box primer. TC Impact Green Crush Rib. Buck coming straight at me, 70-80 yds. Not the best choice of shots.
Had to shoot before he saw me. I was walking in at daybreak to a pop-up blind 17°. I picked right front shoulder POA and shot. Dropped, kicked and that's done.
All I'll use as long as Harvester has them.

Attachments

• IMG_20191219_081003487.jpg
    IMG_20191219_081003487.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 34
201 grains left after it killed my bull this year, found in the off side shoulder.
The other two were pass thru‘s, all shots were 150 yards.
76gr. by weight Blackhorn209, 24” barrel gets them moving around 1900 fps.
I have nothing but good to say about them, accurate to 300 yards for me.

19C2556D-C816-4ED9-AEDA-CC30DED60509.jpeg

Are you saying it took 3 shots to anchor that bull? He is definitely larger than any bull I've shot.
Yes, this is the second time I have shot a bull 3 times in the chest before he fell dead. Both occasions I had loaded a fourth and was getting ready to send it when the bull tipped over. Both times the bull was dead on his feet after the first shot, but one thing I’ve learned is that if they are on their feet you keep hammering away until they are not on their feet any more.

Back