seen a piebald from the back yard

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JeffB1961

Reaction score
video blurry because i had my phone behind my binos , first time i tried that . galaxy s20 FE
photo is blurry because it's a cell phone on 10x at about 400 yards
my ladies grand son said it's the second one he's seen here in his 20 years and he's very big into hunting .
pretty cool seeing it from the house . but i don't have permission to hunt there .

20221013_174730.jpg

Last edited:
they are pretty common here in NJ, but predominantly congregated in a small area. (curiously mostly around a military base) The only other high congregatation area I know of is in Fla. also around an military base. I cant say there is any military connection, but its odd the way piebald dominance seems to pocket congregate in small areas. There are a few similar areas of albino squirrel around the country.

video blurry because i had my phone behind my binos , first time i tried that . galaxy s20 FE
photo is blurry because it's a cell phone on 10x at about 400 yards
my ladies grand son said it's the second one he's seen here in his 20 years and he's very big into hunting .
pretty cool seeing it from the house . but i don't have permission to hunt there .

View attachment 24266

Very cool man, they are rare to see. To my understanding they are caused by inbreeding, so perhaps its a good thing they are rare to find. But cool to see nonetheless. It's been a really long time since I've seen one.

Haven't see one in about 15 years. There are a few sighted every year where I hunt. The ones on most military bases were put there years ago and no hunting allowed.

Way cool Jeff. I've never seen one but have seen an albino doe. Here in Iowa it's illegal to shoot a deer that is more than fifty % white. How a hunter could necessarily tell if a deer is more than fifty % white is beyond me.

Latest posts

Back