Share some pictures of your pet.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buck Conner1

Reaction score
Share some pictures of your pet.

Hey, let's see how many want to show their pets on a new Topic page right here. This could be fun seeing what the other guys has to share. 

We know Smokin Joe has a good one, how about you???

What's in your home !

Re: Share some pictures of your pet.

Here is Smokin' Joe's beautiful animal, we'll let him tell us about his friend.

7APHNl.jpg

A Spinone Italiano (Italian Breed). It was originally bred as a versatile gun dog and to this day the breed is still a capable dog for that purpose. The Spinone is a loyal, friendly and alert dog with a close lying, wiry coat. 

Smokin' Joe's baby is one big guy, all our pets put together wouldn't make one of Joe's. WOW

The wife has always had the house kids, mine were the outside ones. Here are a few of her's that she spends more money on than good sense. These pictures are with the different trainers gathering awards for our kids.
George.jpg
George  he was the hot dog around the girls.
Chloe.jpg
Chloe  with Cadee shown in the corner (one mad and one happy, figures !!!).
Cadee.jpg
Cadee  (she is a handful chasing and running from my cat, she's 7 lbs. and the cat is 16 lbs.)
Laci.jpg

Laci  really a good gentle sole.

friends.jpg
My buddies  theses two are always here looking for a warm spot in the sun or next to the heater when needed.
I need to look for pictures of my outdoor babies, some friendly some questionable. Here's one old picture of April when just a kid.
april.jpg
April now is a breeder as no-one had the heart or guts to put her down. When they come up to you and lick your face they are here for life.

20180410.jpg

Just a few years ago - the one in the middle is  now gone:
10-16-10.jpg

Lap dog?:
jane_a10.jpg

Ron

Phoenix is a 14 year old Welsh Springer Spaniel.
phoeni10.jpg

At the Turkey Run Car Show...

phoeni12.jpg

Catching squirrels...

phoeni17.jpg

After surgery this year... He would not leave my side. I was grateful.

Im not sure which is hairier in that last pic :lol:

We are currently petless and will remain so since any pets we would get now would probably outlive us. Adopting a senior pet is a possibility but unlikely. This is our last two Sparky (dog) and Moose.  16 years and 18 years. Both were best buddies and great pets. Still miss them 
27303010.jpg

FrontierGander said:
I'm not sure which is hairier in that last pic :lol:
That's a BIG NO ****.  KC may need some Nare Hair Remover ...   :affraid:   :geek:   :afro:   :lol!:

Our pets become our children in later years, when one passes it becomes harder the older we are - God Bless our babies.  :|

Here's the boys. The black one hunted with me for 14 years-right up until this past fall. He's gone as of yesterday.
image13.jpg

Sorry for your loss Paul. I know what it is like loosing a great pal.

Dang, PaulK... I am so sorry. I am impressed you could manage a post.

Thanks guys. He was a great dog and gave my wife and I almost 15 years. Hard losing any pet but you just gotta focus on all the good years together.

It's hard Paul, have lost at least a dozen good dogs and twice that many cats over the years. I still think about the enjoyable times with each and some after 50 years still bring a tear to your eye. God Bless, there's always another out there that needs your care and love.  :ttups:

Buck Conner said:
It's hard Paul, have lost at least a dozen good dogs and twice that many cats over the years. I still think about the enjoyable times with each and some after 50 years still bring a tear to your eye. God Bless, there's always another out there that needs your care and love.  :ttups:
That's for sure Buck. That yellow lab in the picture has quite a story. Wandered in out of the forest 5 years ago. Probably about a year old. Obviously been living out there for a long time. Emaciated, covered in black, frozen swamp muck, had 4 different infections-including lymes disease. Didn't even know he was a yellow lab until after my wife washed him up. Found out later he had shotgun pellets scattered up his hind end and back muscles. People told us to get rid of him because he would never be trainable. Well, he was the easiest dog to train, craves human attention, and is just a great dog.

Paul as you know everyone is an expert on every thing under the sun, just turn on the radio or TV.   Personal experience is what we learn and trust.

Did you get the pellets out of his tail feathers and rear muscles? 

Had an Uncle that had a temper, if one of his the dogs didn't do what was expected when hunting, he came home with an empty collar. That use to really upset my father and all us kids.

Be kind to him (know you will), I have always treated the animals better than our kids (damn kids never do as instructed and knew better !@#$%^).

No, you can't fish the pellets out. Needle in a haystack thing. They're in the muscle and don't cause him any problems. Only found them incidentally while xraying for something else.

No, it really isn't a problem. He doesn't even know they're there. I'm sure he knew when he got peppered and he doesn't like gunshots but he's a happy active lab.

Back