Shipping muzzleloaders

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rjhans53

Reaction score
Ok folks I don't know that this is where this needs to be posted but it's a inline so here goes. I'm pretty sure that I'm right but I'll throw this out for more opinions. I was going to have my son ship a disc rifle for me to indiana to my nephew and UPS refused to ship it saying it was a firearm. Now the thing per BATF isn't even classified as a firearm has UPS changed policy or are the folks behind the conter all wet. If nothing else i can ship it to myself incare of my nephew and he can open it without breaking any rules as it's not a firearm. I've shipped muzzleloaders in the past, recieved them at my door and at the shop this really seems to me that they don't know what they are talking about, DO THEY??

rjhans53 I work for the USPS and you can ship right to your door UPS
doesn't know what there talking about!!!

Fed Ex for me

I have shipped several boxes, guns, barrels etc. to T/C and I use FED EX. It's always there is 2 days and never a question or a problem.

I gave up on UPS due to stupid statements such as " you cannot ship a gun" I recite FEDERAL law that says I can...the DUMB UPS girls get defensive for their lack of knowledge in shipping regulations. Fed Ex is much cheaper.

As a note my wife (food plot girl) had to sign (adult signature only) for a replacement forearm from T/C last week. :shock: :shock: I never had to sign for 5 barrels. Just a precaution at T/C's shipping dept. :roll:

I also had the same problem with UPS and had to go with USPS to send rifle back to factory to be rebedded. I made a complaint against the local UPS which amounted to pissin in the wind... :roll:

I have heard that if you tell UPS its a antique rifle then they will accept it. Hope there is not a next time, but might try it in the future.

Even here in Canada, the post office will ship firearms. The UPS guy was probably confusing AMMO with firearms. Ammo is a different can of worms.

I have had a muzzleloader shipped to me by UPS and I have shipped one back to Cabelas by UPS. I have also had a pistol shipped back to the factory, for repair, and shipped back to me by UPS ( had to be shipped by next day air, not cheap). The UPS person you talked to was all wet.

I must live in a more enlightened area. I shipped mine with UPS back to T/C for about $15 in the original box (said T/C Omega on the box). No problems. They shipped it back to me the same way.

What happens depends 100% on who at UPS you get in the luck of the draw so to speek. The UPS shipping store I use is well versed in the laws around shipping firearms. And a Muzzleloder ABSOLUTELY IS NOT considered a modern firearm by BTAF and as others have said can be shiped to your door step.

Unfortunately I am told UPS will not ship either firearms or MLs to Canada, only the USPS can do that, and unfortunately for me, the one by my house are as is so typical of USPS employees not well versed in the law and refused to do ship a ML for me. I wound up using UPS. The USPO is less than a mile from my home where as the UPS store is now about 18 miles away from me as I moved.

The superviser at my local (as well as the other two I went to) told me quite incorrectly that under BATF law a ML is considered a modern firearm and subject to all the same laws when shipping to Canada. I as tactfully as possable first showed him my shipping recept from NatchezSS showing that my ML was shiped to my house, so how could it be considered a modern firearm by the BATF?, and I even found in the USPS regs book were he can ship a ML to Canada, but he was not going to budge.

The only thing I can figure that there are A LOT of anti-gun people working at the USPS, because I have always gotton a extreamly poor reception as well as no success when I tried to ship firearms wtih them. And that was going to four different USPS offices in two different states, three in IL, one in IN. That is how I was forced to use UPS. The UPS store I have used now for over 12yrs has always been 100% fiendly towards me when it came to shipping firearms.

Latest posts

Back