shooting bench/rest

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: bench

Buck said:
Mossy, what is the wedges made out of and what is dimension.

That is a beauty and the new range out here does not have a good bench, so I'm building one this weekend. Man you got my fever up to do it right!!

thats the same situation i had, thats why i said the heck with it and built the best bench i could.

the wedges are cut from a 2x6, 6 inches long at a angle with a hand saw. that was the toughest part, my arms went numb a couple of times(i am kinda lazy and out of shape in the winter)

the overall bench dimensions are 48"long, 32" wide in front and 16" wide in the back. a tad bigger than any i've seen but the bigger the better.

Shooting bench

03Mossy,

Very nice! It is good to see hunters make the effort needed to provide a steady platform for load work-up. I think you will be greatly pleased every time you use your bench. To say nothing about your bragging rights. Your shooting buddies are going to be jelous.

James

i tried it out sunday and although it worked. nice and sturdy, but standing and leaning into it is not going to work, it is hard to keep my front leg steady and i am sure it was affecting the shot. i cut the legs down to 31" this a.m. and now it's perfect height with a folding chair. now i just need to make a rest for the top.

Latest posts

Back