Shooting bench

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Have had this old welding trailer for about 3 yrs and couldnt make up m mind if I wanted to put a smoker on it, since I already have a big smoker I built a few yrs ago decided to do a tow-able shooting bench.. 2x12 floor and top w/9 ft adjustable umbrella for shade. I still have to build a storage box to go under front of bench to carry supplies, stain/coat with marine grade spar urethane and mount a PVC tube on side of bench to store umbrella in when towing.
Came out very sturdy and stable, later on may mount jacks on each corner to level if wanting to unhook from truck.
Also made a step on back side to get up on trailer as it sits fairly high up.
Going to make zeroing guns in a lot easier then shooting off hood of truck.
Also put a piece of 1 in angle around side and back to keep stuff from rolling off may still put one across front.

I made my own wood mounting brackets for legs as they wanted 7 bucks apiece for little thin tin brackets, was going to do pipe legs but floor brackets for them are 11-13 bucks apiece and was trying to keep cost down.. Ive got about 85.00 in bench, zero dollars in trailer as I sold the old welder that was on it for more then I paid for everything.
I moved umbrella bracket to the other side so I can put PVC storage tube where it is in pic

20200218_175817.jpg 20200219_101332.jpg

That's some good work. Nice and compact. The leveling jacks make sense. The first thing I was thinking about when I saw the image, was how was he going to level the bench so his shooting will be consistent?

Came out very sturdy and stable, later on may mount jacks on each corner to level if wanting to unhook from truck.

I would do this FOR SURE Dean :lewis:

This is a REALLY Cool Project/Build you did!! I have always wanted my own HEAVY CONCRETE Bench, I am just NOT Setup for that Though, Maybe someday? Jonathan of Frontiermuzzleloading built a DARN Nice one Recently

Put camo around it and you got a blind too !!! This has possibilities beyond !!!! I like this ALOT !!!

That’s so awesome!!! I don’t know how many times I’ve thought about this same concept. Nicely done.

thanks guys, I'm also going to have to get a new set of tires for it, ones a snow tire that's totally bald and leaks .. both are dry rotted very badly.

Hey Ed guess I could weld up a grill to mount on the back end:)

That is a great example of using available resources and it is portable.
I wanted one which was sturdy, light , and versatile so my bench evolved thru a few modifications to this one.

It is tried and proven for me.

20180827_114446.jpg

Well, if we're showing off shooting benches...

I built this early last fall. The right side is the main seating part and faces down my 100 yard range. I can sit at the left side and reach out to about 300 yards give or take, but only when the corn isn't tall.

IMG_0237.jpg

Back