.. SHOOTING TODAY WAS KINDA DISAPPOINTING ..........

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hawgslayer1

Reaction score
:scratch:
Just got home from the range and things weren't all that peachy today. Some bullets were great at 100 but others gave me trouble and I wouldn't mess with them. I couldn't get some down the barrel.
Day was great. Mid 50's with very little wind hitting me from the right rear. Sunny and not a cloud in the sky. Here ARE THE PICS!!!!!! Today was a new experience for me with some of these bullets. All shot were from the 100 yard bench. I used 110 grains BH209 and Fiocchi Primers. I didn't want to swab but I had did because of the trouble I ran into. Here are the pics.

Target #1 far right.......
Top left are the PT GOLD 260 gr w/sm sabots
Top right are the PT GOLD 260 gr w/cr sabots
Center is the Barnes Spit fire T-EZ'S 290 GR
Bottom Left are the Parker Ballistic Extremes 275 gr w/sm sabot
Bottom right are the Parkere Ballistic Extreme 275 gr w/cr sabot
Target #2......
Top left are the PT GOLDS 300 W/SM SABOT
TOP RIGHT ARE THE pt golds 300 w/cr sabot...also are 3 Barnes Boat tails in the 8 and just cutting the 9 ring.
Middle target are the HORNADY FPB 350 GR. (First  shot was at the bottom of the paper. I then aimed dead center between the top 2 targets and the 2rd shot hit the 7 ring in the middle target.)
Bottom left is the THOR 260 gr. 1st shot almost hit 9 oclock on the target above. red sticker. 2nd shot hit my writing above target.
Bottom right is the THOR 300 GR. 1ST SHOT HIT THE .500 above the target.............
(The THORS WERE WAY TO LOOSE IN MY BARREL. I had shot .500's in the past and had good groups but I think Terry made these a shade to small for me).
Target #3........
Top right was supposed to be TRADITIONS FULL BORE 300 GR.....couldn't get them down my barrel without a fight. Didn't get to shoot them.
Top right are the Harvester Funnel Pts 240 grains.
Top left are PT GOLDS 260/300 GRers.

I have narrowed my bullet of choice down to the HARVESTER PT GOLD 300's and or the Parker Ballistic Extreme 275 GR'ers. I am going to do more testing with these 2 bullets and the next step is seeing what the drop is with them at 200 yards.................

Ray...........keep making smoke guys :!:

Hawg, I would not say you had a bad day from looking at your targets. those groups are great, and some bullets did better than others, but for the most part they all did great and the shooting was outstanding. I would say from looking at those targets you have more than two choices there, the Harvester PT GOLd'S 260 gr. also shot great and just as good as the other two you mention. Over all I would say you did a great job shooting today.
Carlos
ABN

Ray,I too love to have 3 bullets in the same hole, but I agree with Carlos. Most of those groups are excellent & very deadly to a deer at 100 yards. Great report & keep up the good work!

I agree, I would call that a good day! Some just need tinkering with before you hit that sweet spot. Great day!

:scratch:

Thanks gents but I just think it was one of those days when things all went south :!: :scratch:

Ray.......... ;)

Latest posts

Back