Shotgun chokes

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Revisited

This has been dead for a while, but has anyone tried a Comp-N-Choke? I have just ordered one for my 870 Express Mag. I've tried a PatternMaster, a WadWizard, and a GobblerStopper, but I haven't been satisfied. A friend had a video where they were using the CNC and it was literally decapitating them. I've GOT to try it!!

I've found using the extra tight chokes are great on a shotgun if you are using it like a rifle with at scope. Otherwise, they are so tight that I'll probable miss at under 30 yards. Being I don't like hauling the extra weight and bulk of a scope, I've went back to using Remington full choke on my 870 and an Hasting full choke on my Tominator. It works for me.

it doesnt matter what you pay for the scatter gun 150.00 or 1500.00 any custom barrel work done to a scatter gun will totally improve the shot pattern, recoil, & cycle

All my shotguns have custom barrel work and all throw a pattern 2nd to none. From 20% improvement to 32%. Recoil is reduced, which makes quicker follow up shots on targets.

I have a Mossberg pump with a 28" barrel totally custom, back bored to 745, forcing cone work, polish chamber, polished barrel, extended angle porting

my Stoeger O & U 12 ga. barrels back bored to 740, forcing cone work, polished chambers, polished barrels, both barrels extended angle porting

My Remington Spartan 12 ga. O & U , forcing cone work, polished chambers, extended porting. Couldnt back bore the barrels do to them being chromed lined

Stoeger 20 ga. O &U forcing cone work on both barrels, polished chambers & extended angle porting

Ballistic Specialties done all the work. Everyone of these scatter guns perform extremely well with improved shot patterned on turkey or duck targets.

Rob Roberts Custom Gun Works aka Gobbler Guns from Southside AR. will be doing my next project. A White Thunder Shotgun and will have him do the custom barrel work

I've heard good things about the Indian Creek tubes. Just in case anyone is using the Patternmaster tubes you can't use the Federal Flight control shells. The Patternmaster counter-acts the Federal shells.

Back