Shotgun question

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Minnesota

Reaction score
I am going Turkey hunting for the first time this spring. I adopt have a shotgun, and I am looking at a couple different single shots that are used. I am looking for any info on either one of these guns. They both are FULL Choke.

e7d9c37f-5c08-4d40-a642-38a57fd3d6ca_zps880fcc50.jpg

57C14830-0D81-435C-BB85-802EE6133EC5_zpsfeka1rgw.jpg

I'd go with the NEF! The 12 gauge will be much better at longer ranges. I love my 20g for grouse, but when it comes to turkey, 12g all the way.

wow those prices are cheap!

Cheap price for a cheap gun. They are very functional but have crude finishes. Single barrel break-open shotguns have always been cheap. I bought a new Stevens 20 ga. for $40 when I was in school. I bought my younger brother a Kassner 20 ga new at K-Mart for $27.50 in 1970.

The NEF is like brand new! It has the black plastic stock on it, and has a cheap sling. The H&R has a wood stock. The wood is in great condition, but the blueing isn't in the best shape. Insides of both guns are like new.

I dont think that turkey will notice!

They sell camo Skins that you can cover the barrel with and use a hair dryer to shrink it to it. Very cool stuff.

For Turkey I would suggest that you get the 12ga. It will do you a better job. I have used both, but prefer the 12ga. even in single shot. Currently I am using a 10ga single shot American Arms.

Back