Shotgun Scope?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oneshot1

Reaction score
Ok on a Bennelli Shotgun I have given to me I'm going to mount a Cheap Red Dot Scope on for the simple fact I have trouble using the Bead. The Turkey Choke I have you can cover the pattern at 40 yards with one hand. Thinking of just using Full Choke which I've used in other Guns and Happy. Think this will work?

Got a 20Ga. was thinking of using it, I have it set up for Slugs, still Full Choke and has a Regular Vortex 3X9X40 Scope on it.

Got a White Shotgun have killed Turkeys at 60 yards with it.

Got a CVA Double Sidelock  both Barrels Modified Choke. The Birds really have to be in 20 yards.

Just thinking using the 12Ga. because it will throw more shot. I know all will kill a Turkey fine.

oneshot

000_0610.jpg

000_1611.jpg

I like scopes better, Nikon makes a fine Prostaff 2x7x32, which is made for shotguns and ML's, seems like those dang red dot sites always have a way of getting left on, and dead batterys don't work to well w

skoger said:
I like scopes better, Nikon makes a fine Prostaff 2x7x32, which is made for shotguns and ML's, seems like those dang red dot sites always have a way of getting left on, and dead batterys don't work to well w

I had this Red Dot on my Crossbow but found it don't like Low Light. I put a regular Rifle Scope on my Crossbow and like it well.

oneshot

Have used Red Scopes on Remington 870's for years. Use to buy every 2-3/4 inch gun we could find in $150 - $200 range (everyone had to have a 3 inch gun). Change the barrel to the Remington cantilever barrel with a Red Dot scope, stamped out the 3 inch markings, have them painted with the hard flat black coating and sell them the local police departments. For the smaller departments this setup fit their needs.

reddots.jpg

Latest posts

Back