sights

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bucker

Reaction score
This looks interesting and I always liked a back up aiming system. Antone have any experience pro/con w/ this?

PeepRib with matching Interlock rings or the Warne QD rings http://www.eabco.com/Muzzleloader03.htm

I wa stold 6x6 would be able to chime in on this?

I have no experience with that sight but that sure looks like it would work just fine...

Bucker said:
This looks interesting and I always liked a back up aiming system. Antone have any experience pro/con w/ this?

PeepRib with matching Interlock rings or the Warne QD rings http://www.eabco.com/Muzzleloader03.htm

I wa stold 6x6 would be able to chime in on this?

I have that base on my omega. It works good. However, in order to have both peep sight and scope on the base, one needs to use higher rings than i have. I have the low burris QD rings, and before i can mount my scope, i need to remove the peep sight. I figured this would happen, but couldn't bring myself to purchase and use higher rings, cuz i like my scopes to be as low as possible. The reason i have the eabco mount is because i have to use a peep sight, in my state, to hunt during the muzzle loader season, and wanted to use a scope to develop loads.

Yeah I know something about it! :lol:

Here is the base/sight installed on an Omega:

2006rangepics%20350.jpg

The sight is really well made and very functional. The way to do it is first...just leave the scope at home for a while until you get the sight dialed in. It takes a while. The sight isn't as easy to adjust as say one of the Lyman apertures. Next...put on the scope. I used the Warne Maxima QD rings and they worked perfectly... Here it is with the scope:

2006rangepics%20348.jpg

The ONE problem with the outfit is...you can't move the scope much.. The peep HAS to go between the magnification adjustment ring and the scope ring. If you'll notice that my scope is slightly back more than I like it but it's as far foward as it can go without the magnification adjustment touching...

Hope this helps!

peep

thanks for the reply. I couldn't (by the looks) have that scope so far back. I am notorius for realigning my eyebrow when shooting. It's the way I hold and get in the scope, Probably a bad habit but I shoot that way. Thans for the info. One more question, do tyhose peeps cause problems w/ vision that requires reading glasses? I have never shot a peep before. Same with those tang sights you see on the straight walls?

One more question, do tyhose peeps cause problems w/ vision that requires reading glasses? I have never shot a peep before. Same with those tang sights you see on the straight walls?

The use of peep/tang or any open sight has nothing to do with if one needs reading glasses or not. There is one thing that DOES...getting OLDER! :lol:

Re: peep

Bucker said:
One more question, do tyhose peeps cause problems w/ vision that requires reading glasses? I have never shot a peep before. Same with those tang sights you see on the straight walls?

Actually, those peeps cure the problem that folks who require reading glasses have. I can't come close to seeing the standard rear sights. As it is, i must squint real tight to be able to see the front sight. Without the peep, there is no way i could hunt during the muzzle loader season in my state.

Latest posts

Back