Single Shot pistol loading stand

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigAl52

Reaction score
I dont have the tools to do it or the plans to make one. Anybody know anyone who makes the wood stands for loading pistols? I went off the deep end and bought a Pedersoli Harpers Ferry  percussion. Im gonna need a stand for loading. Al

Hi, Al,
I built a 2 pistol loading stand out of a wooden flower basket. It was an easy project.
If you like, we can get together and design one and we can use my band saw and scroll saw to build it. I may even have some wood parts around to use.
Ron
loadin10.jpg

Ron
Sounds good to me I can buy whatever wood we might need. I even have some left over new carpet in the basement we could use. Al

I sit down and hold the gun with my knees. Stands are for girls. (Hi Ron)

:D There is no room for a pistol to be held between my legs. :D 
Ron

Careful with stands, they can cause you to crack the stock due to the odd angle and the force of starting the ball.

I have a padded ramp at an angle on the bottom where the stock hits the base of the stand.  Instead of the downward pressure of the ramrod going straight down to the grip, it does down vertically and out, horizontally.

I did that because I have a Patriot pistol that is noted for shearing at the grip.

Another factor is that at our Ft. Lupton range, when the pistol (or rifle) is not pointing down range, it must face upwards. It must be loaded facing up. So, we are forced into using some sort of stand.

Ron

deer_010.jpg

deer_011.jpg

I've built several of these and given them as prizes for black powder shoots and for my own use. Seem to work great. :thumbs up:

Nice looking stand. Im surprised there isnt more people building them and offering them for sale. Seems to me there should be some sort of a market for them but maybe not. Al

Knees........they're always with you. Are you going to carry the stand when hunting?

It's a nice stand. Good job.

Most guys probably target shoot these guns instead of hunting with them. So, a stand is a good idea.

I used to rabbit hunt with the ones i've owned. A good challenge and a ton of fun. We can't hunt big game with them in Colorado. Even if they will kill a deer.

Bear Claw said:
Knees........they're always with you. Are you going to carry the stand when hunting?
Just when I'm at the range here at home or as a stand for my Lyman GPP. I'm getting up there in years so I'm not hunting as much as I use to. [75]+

Back