SMI ? Encore

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nugbuk

Reaction score
Finally I?m going smokeless too. :lol:

A few days ago I received SMI barrel for my TC Encore.
Today I put it together.
1. Replaced scope mount. I used Talley?s base and rings. I think they look better. I used scope from my 6.5X55 Steyr. :wink: It has medium rings on it. I may go with the low rings eventually. I think Zeiss 2.5-8X32 will be good scope for that gun. I just need to wait for the right price.
2. Replaced rod with 26?? ?Power Rod?. It is just a little long. I may need to use shorter tip on it.
3. Used a little ?elbow grease? with dowel and sand paper to ?free float? barrel.

Now I?m ready for the range session.
Here is how it looks:
P6140095.jpg

P6140096.jpg

P6140097.jpg

Looks beautifull! Can't wait to read your shooting report!!!
What is the total weight of the rfile/scope combo?

If I were to build an SMI, that would be the exact one. :D

Dang Nug, that looks GREAT! :D

What loads are you going to try first?

nugbuk said:
Finally I?m going smokeless too. :lol:

A few days ago I received SMI barrel for my TC Encore.
Today I put it together.
1. Replaced scope mount. I used Talley?s base and rings. I think they look better. I used scope from my 6.5X55 Steyr. :wink: It has medium rings on it. I may go with the low rings eventually. I think Zeiss 2.5-8X32 will be good scope for that gun. I just need to wait for the right price.
2. Replaced rod with 26?? ?Power Rod?. It is just a little long. I may need to use shorter tip on it.
3. Used a little ?elbow grease? with dowel and sand paper to ?free float? barrel.

Nice rifle Nug. 8) Here's something you may want to look into to replace the tip on the ramrod. http://www.midsouthshooterssupply.com/i ... 0002AC1500 It only works with HP bullets. The aerotip one won't fit under the barrel. I'd use the supplied tip for those.

Thanks guys. I can not wait to soot it.

CORVAIR said:
What is the total weight of the rfile/scope combo?
I'll weight it and let you know. It seams a little heavier then regular 50Cal ML barrel. It is longer too.

big6x6 said:
Dang Nug, that looks GREAT! :D
What loads are you going to try first?
I?m thinking:
1. N120 from 56GR to 60GR with 285GR Barnes MZ
2. 2015 from 67GR to 72SR with 250GR SST

Patrick White said:
Nice rifle Nug. 8) Here's something you may want to look into to replace the tip on the ramrod. http://www.midsouthshooterssupply.com/i ... 0002AC1500 It only works with HP bullets. The aerotip one won't fit under the barrel. I'd use the supplied tip for those.

Patrick, thanks for the link. I was thinking about Expander MZ? Muzzleloader Bullet Aligners (http://www.barnesbullets.com/prodmuzzleloader.php). I think it may work since I?m thinking of using 285GR Barnes MZ as a primary bullet.

nugbuk said:
Patrick, thanks for the link. I was thinking about Expander MZ? Muzzleloader Bullet Aligners (http://www.barnesbullets.com/prodmuzzleloader.php). I think it may work since I?m thinking of using 285GR Barnes MZ as a primary bullet.

In that case just unscrew the tip and store it without it on. Those won't fit in the stock. Eventually you'll get tired of messing with them though. I've got a few here that I used to use. The screw and the brass tip are two pieces. I thought about using JB weld to fit the tip and screw together but never have tried it.

:) Looks great nugbuk!!!

What price range are those SMI Encore bbls in?

Patrick White said:
In that case just unscrew the tip and store it without it on. Those won't fit in the stock. Eventually you'll get tired of messing with them though. I've got a few here that I used to use. The screw and the brass tip are two pieces. I thought about using JB weld to fit the tip and screw together but never have tried it.
Thanks Pat. I'll see what I can do with it.

WOW!!!!!!!!

Heavier than my SAVAGE :lol: :lol: :lol:
It will help you get in shape for carrying your TRG :poke:

But your little truck may have a problem if both the Encore and TRG are in the back....

VENISONEATR said:
I know it is surprisingly heavy.

VENISONEATR said:
Heavier than my SAVAGE :lol: :lol: :lol:
I do not think so. What is weight of your Savage with scope and sling?

VENISONEATR said:
But your little truck may have a problem if both the Encore and TRG are in the back....

That?s OK. What are friends for? You?ll drive to the range. :p
Or I will leave dog home.
8)

GUN:
Muzzleloader Series
Model 10MLBSS-II ? with AccuTrigger?
Caliber .50
Overall Length 44"
Barrel Length 24"
Weight 8.75 lbs
Stock Brown laminate with positive checkering, dual pillar bedding
Sights Adjustable fiber optic green rear sight, fiber optic red front sight. Drilled and tapped for scope mounts.
Rifling Rate of Twist 1 in 24"
Features AccuTriggerTM, Stainless barreled action, heavy contour, button-rifled barrel with crowned muzzle, and sling swivel studs.

SCOPE:

Product Specifications: Finish: Stainless, Reticle: Z-Plex, Magnification: 3.5-10x, Objective (mm): 44, Tube diameter (inches): 1, Field of view (feet at 100 yds): 35.1-11.6, Parallax (yards): 100, Reticle Image Plane (Magnifying): 2nd (no), Eye relief (inches): 3.5, Length (inches): 12.7, Weight (ounces): 15.8, MOA 1/4, Windage/Elevation Adj (inches): 66, Diopter Adj: +2/-3

In that case mine is longer :lol: (probably wider too :wink: ).

How much does the little gizmo weigh that you need to pull the spent primer out with :poke: ???

VENISONEATR said:
GUN:
Muzzleloader Series
Model 10MLBSS-II ? with AccuTrigger?
Caliber .50
Overall Length 44"
Barrel Length 24"
Weight 8.75 lbs
Stock Brown laminate with positive checkering, dual pillar bedding
Sights Adjustable fiber optic green rear sight, fiber optic red front sight. Drilled and tapped for scope mounts.
Rifling Rate of Twist 1 in 24"
Features AccuTriggerTM, Stainless barreled action, heavy contour, button-rifled barrel with crowned muzzle, and sling swivel studs.

SCOPE:

Product Specifications: Finish: Stainless, Reticle: Z-Plex, Magnification: 3.5-10x, Objective (mm): 44, Tube diameter (inches): 1, Field of view (feet at 100 yds): 35.1-11.6, Parallax (yards): 100, Reticle Image Plane (Magnifying): 2nd (no), Eye relief (inches): 3.5, Length (inches): 12.7, Weight (ounces): 15.8, MOA 1/4, Windage/Elevation Adj (inches): 66, Diopter Adj: +2/-3

That was some valuable information for me. Thanks guy's

Latest posts

Back