smokepole for turks...who does it?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
White Tominator, 100gn T-7ff, BP pink slit shot cup, 2.25 oz #5's, 1/4" wad over shot. good to 40 yds easy

thanks red. anyone else have any load recommendations?

I've got two of the Tk2000s, my latest is one with the thumbhole stock which handles much better for me.

I've been using copper plated #5 in a ballistic products multi metal 2 3/4" or 3? wads. I bucked up and bought a bag of hevi-shot to use this year so we will have to see how it goes. Usually about 90 gr of 2fg 777 with Winchester primers in the red FPJ. #5 and #6 pattern best in my gun with a slight edge to the #5 shot.

tooldog

I use a Knight TK2000. I use 100 grains of Pyrodex RS and a 3-1/4 hard shot cup with an equal shot cup amount of #5 shot. I then use a foam over the shot wad. This will knock holes in soup cans all day at 45 yards.

I also shoot a T/C New Englander and I use the same load for turkey. It does not have quite the range of the Knight but out to 30 yards it would be a dead bird.

thanks folks. now that I have thrown away centerfire rifles, maybe I can do the same with my spring shotguns:)

PICT0059.jpg

Shot this target today at 36 yards... 100g 777 2f, 3" Turkey Ranger wad with overshot card, 2oz of #6 nickle plated lead, and a 777 209 in the red FPJ. 104 hits on the 11x11" target and 19 hits to the skull/spine area. This was with a Knight TK2000... :wink:

Latest posts

Back