Snover Bullet

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bullet was provided by sdporter

IMG_4879.JPG

IMG_4881.JPG

IMG_4882.JPG

Distance between rifle, and bottles is 25 yard. Powder charge is 50 grain Blackhorn.

The bullet blew through every bottle, and into the phone book. The phone book was blown about ten feet behind the horse, where the bullet fell out into the thick tall grass.

IMG_4884.JPG

IMG_4886.JPG

IMG_4887.JPG

Not surprised based off the testing we did with HP diameters years ago.

I think that was actually out of 40:1 alloy. Thanks Ron for doing that. I’m drawing up another one that I want to have the same dimensions on the base, only change the nose to a 1” radius on the ogive and bring it into the first land so there is no flat section to the nose, shorten it by 50-60 thousandths and have a .200” meplat for hunting. Hoping for 500 grain weight area. Cast of pure lead, it should be devastating. I wish I had more time. Hopefully in another 12 years (I’ll be 65 if I’m still alive) I’ll have more time to devote to this stuff. For now, it’s a little here, a little there.

The last two bottles were damaged more than the first two bottles. In the video, the last two bottles appeared to have absorbed more energy than the first two bottles. Seems like this has never happened before.

That is bizarre. Just taking that long for that nose to flatten out a little bit?????

The best thing about that place is no one else shoots there. This makes it far far easier to find wild bullets like this one was. In tall thick grass, or snow, a metal detector is essential to find bullets that escape the bottles.

Most places around here are loaded with brass; spent bullets, beer cans, etc. The metal detector see's metal everywhere; a specific bullet is very very difficult to locate.

Here, the metal detector chirped only once, and it was this bullet. That was marvelous, because it seemed like a jungle, and the searcher was nervous.

Latest posts

Back