Snow goose breasts

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RAF

Reaction score
A friend went goose hunting the other day and gave me a couple of snows. Yesterday I took the breasts out and put them in salted water and left them until this morning. Please understand that I'm winging it with these so here's what I did.
Got out the slow cooker. Put in some beef broth, chunked up a few pototoes, carrots, celery and onions. Then cut the goose breasts in to chunks(bite size). Added some salt, pepper, thyme and soy sauce. Mixed it all up and set the slow cooker for 8 hours. About 2:30 this afternoon I'll stir in some cornstarch to thicken it. Never tried this before and I'll let you know later how it turned out.

Well, I tried my creation ;). and know what, it ain't bad. I guess if I rated it on a scale from 1 - 10 it would go a 7. Could likely try some extra spices and might bring that up. Hot sauce would be good by my wife doesn't like hot foods so left that out. Would I make it again? Yup ;)

Back