Some Bucks..

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Muley Hunter

Reaction score
That hang around my town.

deer004.jpg

IMG_2299.jpg

deer015.jpg

IMG_2276.jpg

deer039.jpg

man that one in the second pic!! antlers hanging off the side like that.... give it a few years and it will be a monster!

Drives me nuts looking at them all the time. I have to shoo them away from my Jeep sometimes.

Where are they during hunting season? Sneaky rascals.

About 2AM a decade back we'd spent a long day gathering and sorting, and I was hauling a big load of calves off the Uncompahgre for an appointment with the market. Fourth season was full on and as I passed through Naturita I saw this lifesize statue of a monster mulie on a lawn right there in the middle of town. 

Huh....thinks I. Never noticed that before. Then through my exhaustion I noticed the "statue" was turning it's head to watch me go by. Biggest buck I've seen there in three decades.

Tells you right where they are during hunting season! :D

Those rascals gotta get smart to get big.

I drove into a neighborhood south of Chama, New Mexico a few miles about ten years back and saw the same thing! Matter of fact I fed one nice buck chocolate chip cookies while sitting in the truck!

Latest posts

Back