Someone famous?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

idahoron

Reaction score
I haven't said anything to anyone.
I was contacted by a writer for outdoor life. He is following me on YouTube.
He asked if I would consider taking him Sturgeon fishing. He is normally a shooting editor but does some fishing.
I told him I would but he wouldn't be able to give exact location. He has fished a few times on the Columbia River but has never got a big one.

Attachments

• 20220715_123832.jpg
    20220715_123832.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 2
I haven't said anything to anyone.
I was contacted by a writer for outdoor life. He is following me on YouTube.
He asked if I would consider taking him Sturgeon fishing. He is normally a shooting editor but does some fishing.
I told him I would but he wouldn't be able to give exact location. He has fished a few times on the Columbia River but has never got a big one.
Man I wish we could catch sturgeon here there protected

I've seen a few on the Mississippi River but nothing of that size. A 45" sturgeon is a fighter so I can't imagine what the big ones can do.

Good on you Ron for protecting the location of the resource.

There are Shortnose sturgeon in the major rivers where I live but they are illegal to be landed or possessed.

Our sturgeon are white sturgeon. They are also protected, but we can catch and release them.

Ron, you may demand the right to read and refuse the article for printing. My father was featured a few times and left to their own imagination a writer can create quit a story. A story you may not like. They are getting paid to entertain. Once he knows your spot you cant take it back. Just saying.

Ron, you may demand the right to read and refuse the article for printing. My father was featured a few times and left to their own imagination a writer can create quit a story. A story you may not like. They are getting paid to entertain. Once he knows your spot you cant take it back. Just saying.

I'll keep that in mind.

Outdoor Life is digital they dont have a printed magazine now just saying

Man I wish we could catch sturgeon here there protected
Michigan -- northern lower michigan Black Lake-- this years season lasted 65 minutes...LOL
Minnesota has more options. We used to fish for suckers in the am and use their bellies for cut bait fishing for sturgeon on the St Croix River above the State Park the rest of the day. They have several rivers and lakes with Large sturgeon in them as well

Rainy River on the Minnesota/Ontario border has a sturgeon season that will soon open. 55" to 70" sturgeon are common. The Mississippi River between Minnesota and Wisconsin also has a fairly strong sturgeon population that is heavily controlled. I've caught quite a few sturgeon in the mighty Miss over the years.

Used to fish for them in the columbia. We fished for oversize a couple times. But mostly for the fish in the slot size limit of 48-60". Fine eating fish. We smoked them

Back