Son harvests first buck with muzzleloader

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

riddleofsteel

Reaction score
I was sitting on opening morning in the 20 degree cold when I heard what sounded like 20 deer coming thru the woods. In fact it was a large doe pursued by her lover boy buck. They turned just before they got to me but they went past my 13 year old son who harvested his first buck that morning.
I heard a huge BOOOOOMMMMMMM and then silence. Then a resounding ALLRIGHT.

I walked over and he was busy stuffing a second load down his .50 Renegade. It wasn't needed though. I asked him what he shot and look on face and his response was worth $1,000,000.00 to me. He said "Dad he's a monster, the buck I been praying for!!"

huntsdeer2006internet.JPG

Congrats to you and your son! That's about the size of my first buck, I was very excited as well. Sounds like a hunt he won't ever forget. Go get another one!!

Mike

Son's first Deer

Your Son's smile is worth a thousand words. I'd say he is "hooked on hunting" When your Son harvests his first Deer it's as if you pulled the trigger yourself. :D :D

Congratulations to you both.

Choc-dog

Good deal!!! Kudo's to you and your son. I'm am REALLY looking forward to my son's first buck!!!!

Man, that is great! Congrats to dad and son! :lol:

We have a few years but I cant wait to do the same with my little guy.

I enjoyed the story.

Congrats

Congrats to both of you, I know he felt the adreneline rush on that one. Two of my boys harvested their first deer this year during the youth hunt, both were does, i know when they get their first buck it will be like doing it all over again. Once again, Congrats.

I sat that same stand this AM and saw 15 deer before 12:00 AM. Three were bucks but none over four points. One of the most exciting mornings in a long time. Rut underway, full moon and a front coming thru tomorrow.

Oh yeah I saw a snow white albino doe this afternoon as well.
:D

What kind of load was he shooting in his Renegade? Congratulations to the young man. A muzzleloader buck is a true memory. Way to go..

Back