Speed Breach XT

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cjbuck33

Reaction score
Any of you guys with a Triumph or Endeavor have any problems with not being able to close the gun with some primers?

I recently bought an Endeavor and every third or fourth primer I would try to use, I couldn't fully close the rifle. Makes me think that the tolerances are too close but, I was curious if anyone else has run into this problem?

I'm using Federal 209A primers in my Endeavor and have not experienced this problem with this combination.

My Pro-Hunter would act up a little with 777 primers... I belive they are a touch bigger than the rest. I had no problems with CCI's in my PH or now my Triumph.

No problem with CCI or Win 209 all kinds of problem with 777 primers. Lee

possibly nothing to do with the triumph issue, but last year I torqued down too much on my encore's forearm after a cleaning and the next morning I was not able to open it. finally BROKE it open in the blind....dropped in the primer and tried to reopen and still a no go...left it closed until I got back to the cabin. then on the off chance I tried loosening the forearm and yep that was it, although I was not tightening much and saw nothing noticeable out of the ordinary.

actually had greg ritz and a couple others from TC R&D in camp with us (were at game trails) and none had every heard of it.

cjbuck33 said:
Any of you guys with a Triumph or Endeavor have any problems with not being able to close the gun with some primers?

I recently bought an Endeavor and every third or fourth primer I would try to use, I couldn't fully close the rifle. Makes me think that the tolerances are too close but, I was curious if anyone else has run into this problem?

This is a response to your question frm my friend

yes I have the same issue. 1 out of maybe every 5 primers doesnt load exactly right. I have to almost force it shut. I thought maybe it was my primer but now that he's having the same issues it might be something to look into. The ones at the time I used there the W209's which had more issues than the T7 ones. But both had issues with closing the gun when the primer was put in. I had a loose screw that connected the stock to the reciever. It seemed that once I tightened that up most of the issues went away, but it will still do it from time to time. Let me know what he finds out but I would contact TC to see. This was my first TC so i thought it might be normal so its all new to me.

I had the same problem when I first bought my triumph and was using the "muzzleloader designed" primers. Once I got straight shotgun 209 primers (as blackhorn recommends anyway), I have had no problems. In comparison, the shotgun primers were shorter.

Latest posts

Back