speed loader for loose

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use a speedloader that's somewhat like the TC that str8shooter48 showed, but mine are the kind without the primer holder or bullet starter on the end. Mine open a both ends and have a pocket clip on them. To answer your question, though - I use a wonderwad between the bullet and powder to keep the pwdr from leaking past the bullet. Works fine.

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templ ... &noImage=0

The primer holder is of no use to me anyway, since I use a straight-line "Cash" capper to reach in there better.

Speed Loader

NIMRODDER USED SOMETHING VERY SIMILAR TO THAT WHITE SPEED LOADER. Mine are red and I got em' nat Gander. Holds the bullet i the sabot, powder and 209 primer.

When you get your speed loaders I have found it easier to get the ones with 2 seperate compartments. One is for the bullet and the other for the powder. My expierience.

03mossy said:
http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/pod/standard-pod-wrapped.jsp?_DARGS=/cabelas/en/common/catalog/pod-link.jsp_A&_DAV=MainCatcat20712-cat20819&rid=&indexId=cat20819&navAction=push&masterpathid=&navCount=2&parentType=index&parentId=cat20819&id=0020967

i have the tc u-view flex loader. ? is, this is the first year i used loose powder. how do you keep it behind the bullet, it always has some powder in the front and in the sabot, can't be good. is there a different speedloader made for loose powder?
Those loaders are designed for pellets and not powder. TC and other companies put out speed loaders that have a partition so you can carry the bullet on one end and powder on the other. I just use tubes that Pyrodex pallets come in. I cut them down to size and just put the cap on. I actually only use pellets right now so I load a primer a bullet and 2 pellets into a tube and carry 4 of them with me.
Frank

I use the red TC reloaders for loose FFFG and sabot. Trick is to put the sabot in backwards so the base faces the powder and the bullet sticks out the bottom. Only push the sabot in far enough to seal off the powder compartment - no leakage. Doesn't take any time at all to push out the sabot with the rod after you dump the powder. Local shop had them on sale for .99 each so I got a bunch and love them. :D

i also shoot loose powder. i use plastic test tubes that i bought online. i weigh my charges also so i get consistency down to 1/10 of a grain between shots. i usually load up a whole seasons worth of charges which allows me to to just grab a bunch of test tubes and go to the range or hunting. i put my bullets in another test tube when hunting. follow up shots are pretty quick too. the test tube caps give a great seal too. i store my loaded test tubes in a zip lock bag and they will not go bad. they shoot exactly the same as fresh powder the following year. the test tubes can be bought at:

www.testubesonline.com

Latest posts

Back