Stainless laminate vs. blue synthetic 10ML-IIs

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

big6x6

Reaction score
Did just a quick comparison between Savage #4, a laminate/synthetic 10ML-II to the new Savage #5, a blue/composite 10ML-II today. Nothing scientific just shot a 3-shot group from each rifle using the same load combination. The loads were a 300gr SST/42gr SR-4759, 2 groups each using 42gr N-110/250gr Barnes Expander, 40gr SR-4759/250gr Bonded Shockwave, 260gr D/C/38gr N-110, and 300gr SST/40gr SR-4759. The AVERAGE group size for the laminate/SS was 1.8 inches @101yds and the AVERAGE group size for the synthetic/blue was 1.7 inches. Take each rifles best 5 groups from these and the blue/synthetic average is 1.4 inches while the stainless/laminate is 1.6 inches! BTW..The best TWO groups from each rifle was the same load combo AND were the last groups fired, 42gr N-110/250gr Barnes Expander.

big6x6 said:
Savage #4, a laminate/synthetic 10ML-II.
:?: :?: :!:......
Gotta get me one of those! :lol:
Sorry Chuck, couldn't resist! :wink:

Take each rifles best 5 groups from these and the blue/synthetic average is 1.4 inches while the stainless/laminate is 1.6 inches!

Interesting, I wonder how a blued glass bedded in a Laminate will do.

Nic_58 said:
big6x6 said:
Savage #4, a laminate/synthetic 10ML-II.
:?: :?: :!:......
Gotta get me one of those! :lol:
Sorry Chuck, couldn't resist! :wink:

Oh boy...that IS funny! So funny I'm not even gonna change it! :lol:

Ya'll KNOW I MEANT laminate/STAINLESS! :wink:

Latest posts

Back