Stainless question......

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dal61

Reaction score
hello everbody -

i've got to tell you all what a great resource this site is...as a new owner of an omega 50 cal. and never ever shooting a muzzleloader, i've really soaked up a lot of info.......thanks for sharing all of that knowledge.

one thing i've not read too much about is cleaning stainless barrels....i've been cleaning mine as most of you describe - removing the breach plug and scrubbing everything with solvent and so on, but was wondering if there is any difference in the cleaning and care of blued and stainless barrels..?

by the way i love shooting this gun, wish i had one years ago...

thanks - dal

That's just what I do with mine , I use T17 and some dry patches .
Charlie

dal61

there is nothing special or diff you have to do with your SS barrle just scrub it up good and oil it up good with a good gun oil.

RON G.

dal61 said:
hello everbody -

i've got to tell you all what a great resource this site is...as a new owner of an omega 50 cal. and never ever shooting a muzzleloader, i've really soaked up a lot of info.......thanks for sharing all of that knowledge.

one thing i've not read too much about is cleaning stainless barrels....i've been cleaning mine as most of you describe - removing the breach plug and scrubbing everything with solvent and so on, but was wondering if there is any difference in the cleaning and care of blued and stainless barrels..?

by the way i love shooting this gun, wish i had one years ago...

thanks - dal

Clean and oil it like you would a blued gun and you'll be fine. There shouldn't be any difference in the care just because it's stainless.

Sounds like a great rifle. And yes, just clean it like you would any other rifle.

Welcome to the site. It is good to have you here.

Latest posts

Back