state regs??

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jakesdad

Reaction score
this may have been brought up before,but does anyone have a list of state regs for muzzleloaders saying who allows what?(scopes,sabots,pelletized powder,etc)just trying to get a list of who allows what so i'll have a reference for planning hunts in the future.thanks in advance

Colorado for muzzle loading season:

No scopes, No pellets. No Smokeless, No sabots.

Must fire a projectile weighing a minimum of 170 grains. If larger than .50, projectile must weigh minimum of 210 grains.
40cal+ legal for deer,bear and antelope. .50cal Minimum for elk.

Projectile can not exceed twice the bores diameter.

Open or irons sights only. Fiber optics and paints are ok.

Not to difficult of rules.

Alabama...
.40cal or larger muzzleloading rifles/handguns is the only limitation. Anything else goes!

I'm not sure if this will help but this is a link to all the States and their current hunting regulations that are posted. It will take a little poking around in each State's site to find the specific information you are looking for but at least it the links are in one place.

http://www.muzzleloader.com/state-regs/regulations.htm

In Missouri for example, their new 2008 regulations were just updated online yesterday because I've been tracking the site daily to check about their Managed Deer Hunts and dates offered for this year. Since I see you are from Missouri, you will want to make sure you are current with the new point restrictions that are in place for most counties this year that was just in place for a few counties in prior years.

Curtis

Latest posts

Back