Stolen Identity sucks

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I request and change my credit card number on frequent basis. Same card different number. So if used on the net , it’s no longer viable.
Being self employed I keep one card for business and others for personal . The personal one I keep a low credit limit on it as I use it for online purchases.
Plus all cards have notices via text of charges and credits of their activity.
Never have used an ATM and absolutely no debit card.
And unfortunately with every site wanting an account, I have multiple XLS spreadsheets of sites / passwords.
I do know about password saving programs btw.
Every frickin place wants to see ones ID! What do they do with it. Is it kept secure? How honest secure is the employee requesting
Banks I’ve used for many years now want my ID upon depositing cash! Totally pisses me off.

My 2cts. .........charge it to myC’Cd.
😁

A scam that started with ebay.
I purchased an optic on ebay June 24.
Used Paypal.
Received it NP a few days later. Exactly as described and NIB. Happy.
September I get a call from a well known sporting company in Tennessee. “NSS”
Saying they are having trouble with my C’Cd.
I haven’t bought anything from them in over a year so huh ???
Asked me if I purchased an optic in June.
FFwd.
So here is what happened.
Ebay seller used my ship to and name to order the item from NSS and paid for it using a stolen / bogus C’Cd.
Had it shipped to me.
He received and made off with funds from Paypal , NSS got shafted and they had me listed as a fraudulent account.
I filed a claim with C’Cd.
After 7-8 hrs of phone calls and emails with NSS , Paypal, C’Cd and ebay . I got it resolved.
Optic returned to NSS. Ebay refunded me ( C’Cd) all plus expenses.
NSS , I was informed regularly did not match c’cd number with owners name for amounts $200 and under.
Since then ebay has changed their seller policies. Maybe NSS has to.
Unbelievable.

"Banks I’ve used for many years now want my ID upon depositing cash! Totally pisses me off."

The below has happened at 2 different banks.

I go into the bank with a check or checks to deposit.

The checks are endorsed, account number is on them along with "For Deposit Only". The deposit slip is properly filled out.

Teller says, "Do you want to deposit these"?

Ma'am this is a deposit slip from your bank which is properly made out, what do you think I want to do?

Now when this happens I ask to speak to their Supervisor and ask their Supervisor if this person has been properly trained and capable of working here while taking my money?

All the people out there scamming are to blame for the increased call for IDs. The scammers, if caught should be hung and gutted publicly, then tossed in the county incinerator. Just yesterday a neighbor almost got ripped by some dirt ball. When we get the screwball calls my first words are...." Since you know my phone number you must also know I am an FBI agent don't you"? Click. Love that sound.

Mr Tom, you made me laugh. An older friend of mine got a call saying her bank account had been compromised. They told her to pull out cash and go to Best Buy and buy gift certificates. She was going along with it until they told her to give them the numbers on the gift certificates. As we get older, out lungs don't work as well, and our brains don't get enough oxygen. It slows things down.

A scam that started with ebay.
I purchased an optic on ebay June 24.
Used Paypal.
Received it NP a few days later. Exactly as described and NIB. Happy.
September I get a call from a well known sporting company in Tennessee. “NSS”
Saying they are having trouble with my C’Cd.
I haven’t bought anything from them in over a year so huh ???
Asked me if I purchased an optic in June.
FFwd.
So here is what happened.
Ebay seller used my ship to and name to order the item from NSS and paid for it using a stolen / bogus C’Cd.
Had it shipped to me.
He received and made off with funds from Paypal , NSS got shafted and they had me listed as a fraudulent account.
I filed a claim with C’Cd.
After 7-8 hrs of phone calls and emails with NSS , Paypal, C’Cd and ebay . I got it resolved.
Optic returned to NSS. Ebay refunded me ( C’Cd) all plus expenses.
NSS , I was informed regularly did not match c’cd number with owners name for amounts $200 and under.
Since then ebay has changed their seller policies. Maybe NSS has to.
Unbelievable.
HOE LEE SHE IT! Thats crazy. I've never been a big credit card user. I'm still too much of an old school -pen n paper, cash n carry, coffee can banking protected by the " Colt 1911 act " lol
I do & have done a heck of a lot of online shopping for 20yrs now. I always use pre paid credit cards like GreenDot for all my online purchases & until recent yrs I'd have nothing actually connecting any online purchase to my real identity or physical address & dang sure didn't have anything that could link anyone to my bank acct. Thats not possible anymore, at least not to my knowledge or I'd still be doing everything that way. I know personally of quite a few have had their internet hacked, bank accts emptied, credit cards issued in their names & run up huge bills, & some other much more personal things done beyond most ppls imagination. Internet crimes are still off the chains

Latest posts

Back