Successfully hunting weekend

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RAF

Reaction score
Friday and Saturday found me back in the woods. I've aready told about problems on Friday. Saturday morning was cooler and clear. Since the rifle season is now open there is more pressure and the deer seem to have changed their patterns. No deer passed my blind but in between mine and the one my partner uses a real nice mulie buck walked by. Neither of us have a buck tag, so we just watched and admired. The cattle in the pasture choose this morning to graze all around us. I didn't have a shot so it didn't matter but they spoiled a couple of chances for my partner. We moved to another part of the pasture and saw some deer. He talked me out of a shot on a small doe. Suspect he didn't want me to fill my last tag and he still had 3 . We found another group of 3 does so we worked around them and my partner bellied up to top of hill and got a 30 yds shot on a nice doe with his muzzle loader. (it's not a Savage :? ) We eventually we found her. Although I didn't shoot I had a great day. Weather was great considering it's mid-November.
And now I can go again next week :D :p :wink: .

Back